Customer Discussions > The Red Queen forum

Kindle version more expensive...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Dec 2010 14:04:49 GMT
Why is it that this book is more expensive in Kindle version than Hardcover? Shouldn't we be promoting the digital versions and "save our trees"?

Posted on 13 Dec 2010 13:22:31 GMT
P. Powell says:
I am curious as to how a Kindle book can cost £11 when there is no paper involved - and why is it more expensive than the hardback? Kind of defeats the object a bit doesnt it ?

Posted on 28 Dec 2010 14:28:57 GMT
H&L Global says:
There is no point in buying a Kindle if it's more expensive to read a book.
Amazon are keen to point out that the "Price is set by the publisher", so while Amazon & the publishers argue over who get what percentage, the customers get shafted with overpriced books.
Use the tags section to highlight any overpriced Kindle books with things like "Kindle rip off", "price fixing" etc. , and don't buy from publishers that overcharge.
You could also contact the authors to let them know that they are missing out on royalties because of these high prices.

Posted on 27 Jan 2011 19:29:19 GMT
Shez says:
I am currently reading the White Queen and would love to read this book however I am not prepared to pay kindle prices. Hopefully it will come down in the future.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Red Queen forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  12 Dec 2010
Latest post:  27 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Red Queen (Cousins' War)
The Red Queen (Cousins' War) by Philippa Gregory (Hardcover - 4 Aug. 2010)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (635)