Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Kindle edition not available till March???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Oct 2012 12:47:06 BDT
L. Nolan says:
Again, the rediculous situation of delaying the WoT ebook for till well after the hardback release.
WHat is this achieving?
Are we supposed to rush out to buy the paper version because we can't purchase the eBook?

I remember the last time and heard that a pirate version was available within days of the hard back release.

Anyway I've waited this long for the final episode another few months won't kill me.

Still a stupid situation though - is this the only title that a delay in the ebook release is made???

Posted on 24 Nov 2012 15:43:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Nov 2012 15:44:15 GMT
C.Jenkins says:
This depresses me...I didnt think to check the date on the ebook version just assumed it would be the same... there is no way I will be buying the paper version just after getting the new kindle paperwhite. If anyone tells me what happens in this book before the kindle version comes out... well... I may just loose it. Maybe I will have to lock myself away for the months in between... and avoid the internet (As if that were even possible lol).

Posted on 12 Dec 2012 18:24:42 GMT
M. White says:
Totally ridiculous delay and blatantly to encourage more to buy the paper/hard back copy.

Not sure which party made this decision but it certainly doesn't help the kindle cause.

Posted on 13 Dec 2012 21:26:33 GMT
mitters says:
Incredibly disappointing about the delay in the e-book version. 3 months is absurd, and as another poster said, pirated versions will be available within days. This discourages honest ebook lovers!

Posted on 2 Jan 2013 11:00:24 GMT
Dave says:
Absurd, disappointing and greedy publishers - what a terrible and old fashioned decision.
I have a kindle,I have money but can't buy the eBook when I want to, what are they thinking of?
I'm sure Robert would be very disappointed in his publishers.

Posted on 4 Jan 2013 11:57:36 GMT
Many people are happy to pay a fair price for something they enjoy. When they are denied the chance to buy a desired item it will cause annoyance, especially if the item is freely available to anyone with a bow and arrow.

As far as i can tell, the entire reason behind the delay is money. They seem to think they will make more cash if desperate kindle owning fans end up buying the expensive (and HUGE) hardback. Perhaps they get the kindle edition eventually as well. I hope this isnt the case. Im sure pirated versions will become available and the same fans who were happy to pay will take for free what they were denied the chance to buy.

Posted on 6 Jan 2013 15:50:30 GMT
Showing 9th April now but agree with these posts. Seriously Hardback and Kindle shoud be the same say. 19th Century thinking kills industries wake up you dinosaurs!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2013 02:04:37 GMT
Surely they have to create a digital version first and do th print run from that?

Posted on 8 Jan 2013 13:53:47 GMT
I'm really annoyed about this, I may cancel my Amazon order and just see if the local library gets it in to deny them any money at all. I could be enjoying the Kindle version right now but my hardback hasn't even been dispatched.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2013 16:54:23 GMT
my hardback was dispatched but they didn't tell me that they were sending it ( I ordered it 15 months ago) so it was delivered to my London home rather than Northumberland where I have been caring for my mum for the past 3 months. Really annoyed that it's not available on Kindle for another 3 months. Typical greed.

Posted on 9 Jan 2013 04:34:50 GMT
I shall wait and pay the lowest possible price.

Posted on 9 Jan 2013 17:24:16 GMT
I also expressed my annoyance with this on Tor's Facebook page,a nd received the following reply: "The ebook is delayed at the request of Harriet McDougal, Jordan's editor and widow. We respect her wishes in this." I'm not sure what to make of it, but it don't think we can hold the publishers to task here. I'm going to attempt to contact her directly and see what comes out - but I can safely say I am not impressed.

Posted on 9 Jan 2013 20:51:03 GMT
Medsec says:
I can't believe the Kindle edition won't be available until April. I've been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to get the final volume, secure in the knowledge that this time I wouldn't have to cart a huge volume around - I have all the other volumes in paperback - and now it seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth that we have to wait months more for the Kindle version. Unbelievable.

Posted on 10 Jan 2013 09:03:35 GMT
I've read that scans of the book are already 'out there', it's all just so stupid and the book is getting slaughtered on amazon.com for it.

I should have my copy today, I say should because you can never tell with bloody Yodel.

Posted on 12 Jan 2013 15:17:43 GMT
So annoyed at the delay in publishing on the kindle; these books are very cumbersome as they are so large and I was really looking forward to enjoying the book on the kindle on Wednesday. Of course, now I have to make a special trip to my local town centre to find somewhere that will stock the hardcover... Will I bother? Perhaps not! Well done Harriet, you've managed to well and truly cheese off your late husbands most devoted fans. I hope the chance to get to number one on the best seller lists was worth it...

Posted on 13 Jan 2013 12:45:02 GMT
Lost says:
Just do what I do, Get it from a library. That way very little money will reach the publisher. Its a joke that the E-book is delayed because it may impact the number 1 sales position on dead tree book charts.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  25 Oct 2012
Latest post:  13 Jan 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about