Customer Discussions > The Legion forum

Kindle Price

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Jan 2011 18:35:40 GMT
Why is the Kindly price so much more expensive than the hardback? If Amazon really want to make the most of the Kindle they need to make the price of books more competitive. After all, why buy the kindly book when a paper copy is £3 less?

Posted on 15 Feb 2011 15:51:44 GMT
Jd Nevill says:
Has Amazon bothered to comment? It seems rediculous to me that the hardcopy should be more expensive than the digital

Posted on 16 Feb 2011 19:48:31 GMT
Actually Amazon were very good and called me just 5 mins after I posted the message to discuss it with me. Basically they are blaming the publishers who often dictate the price of the Kindle versions. If a publisher has set the price rather than Amazon we should apparently see an indicator somewhere near the price to inform us that it was not Amazon that set the price. Clearly though Amazon has a responsability to take these issues up with the publishers and I don't get the impression they are trying very hard to do this.

Posted on 19 Feb 2011 16:41:19 GMT
island boy says:
outrageous pricing for an e-book, publishers will need to wake up and be a lot less gready if they are not to suffer the backlash that music publishers suffered.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Legion forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  13 Jan 2011
Latest post:  19 Feb 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Legion
The Legion by Simon Scarrow (Hardcover - 11 Nov. 2010)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (166)