on 12 January 2013
Clearly aimed at the American market and didn't teach me anything new and I've only had my Kindle a week!
on 15 January 2013
This is a very short book of very low quality. I have read many books by enthusiasts and I know they might not always have the best design work but I expect the writing to be good. Unfortunately this 'book' is far too short to cover the main features that you need to know how to use. Each category is given a very cursory explanation, often no more than two sentences. How a new owner of a Kindle Fire HD might learn anything from the anorexic words is bewildering to me? There are not enough photographs and those that are in there are so poor in quality it is difficult to decipher the words. Thankfully this was a free download but I'm so perplexed by its quality that I never want to look at it again.
on 12 February 2013
I have used my device for about 6 weeks. It is great but I have questions about apps and queries about aspects of the device which this book really did not cover. It seems to be written for the American market. Overall I was disappointed.
on 21 February 2013
It's for the American Fire and little use for the English one! Annoying, now I don't know how to pick the correct manual as the descriptions don't give a hint as to which Fire they are for.
on 25 July 2013
This is an anorexic sized booklet that lacks either the breadth of content or proper explanations to be useful. I bought a Kindle Fire because I wanted something to keep me entertained on the train, but as it doesn't come with a manual I bought this because it is cheap. The table of contents looked like it would be helpful, the problem I had was that each topic has only a cursory explanation that is brief and not explained well. There are few pics and those that are there are low quality. The book's text font is larger than I expected, although you can customise the text size of a Kindle book to make it smaller this just made the page count even shorter. A let down.
on 30 December 2012
Very good taught me all I needed to know to maximise using my Kindle Would recommend it to new users
on 20 May 2013
As someone said it would be nice to have a hardcopy to do things as you read about them, now I'm going back with a pen and pad to make notes.And what I really wanted to know I found doing a Google search. All I wanted to know was how to watch BBC iPlayer, 4OD and what operating system this thing uses and now I find you can't do these things anyway as you need flash player and kindle fire won't download it.
on 22 July 2013
Very poor attempt at explaining the kindle. Purely superficial and not very helpful. Don't waste your money on this little pamphlet.
on 14 January 2013
This was a great help to get started. I followed each chapter and skipped in and out of the book to try this vs out. Most of the time it worked like link I g to my Facebook page. Only downside is when it does not work you do not know why however well worth the money to improve my usage of my Kindle fire VS
Brian
on 17 January 2013
A well compiled book , that covers most of the questions you are likely to want the answers for,and provides a quick ready reference when you need an answer. Sometimes wish I had asked for a paper copy so that I could refer to it at the same time as trying to resolve the problem.