on 5 January 2008
This compilation has been put together by a fan - and it shows. Ever present and correct are all the best singles and album tracks from the first 4 albums and then a cursory nod to a couple of later tracks after the band had gone off the boil slightly. The run down stops there (thankfully) so unlike most compilations quality reigns supreme. What a joy to hear these tracks again! I was a bit young to have lived through their rise to fame but fortunately had an older brother who did so i could listen to his collection - to me this stuff is still relevant and has stood the test of time. Silver, Killing Moon, Never Stop, the Puppet all fantastic pop moments.
This is one awesome CD that deserves a place in any 80s rock/indie fans collection. I remember the Bunnymen well from my teens though could only afford a few singles back then. Glad to say that this has now been rectified here with 36 tracks of aural excellence in this superb and complete offering.

Pictures on my Wall, The Cutter, Killing Moon and my personal fave Back of Love are all here along with less well known tracks. A friend and I listened to the whole thing the other night, and he went out to buy it the following day. Great guitars, synths and Ian McCulloch's distinctive vocals give them their own edgy sound that still cuts it today.

For less than a fiver this is a must buy, the classy understated outer sleeve completing the ensemble very well.
on 1 November 2007
Finally somebody has put together a great two CD compilation in chronilogical order. With all the great hits including 'Never Stop' and some live tracks at the end this is a must for all Bunnymen fans..new and old (myself in the latter group).
on 12 September 2012
I came late to Echo and the Bunnymen (not because I'm too young to remember them but because I had poor taste back in the day). This is a great album and a great way of getting to know their music. I can't really add much to what has already been said in other reviews but when I was trying to decide whether to buy this or not what I really wanted to see was a track listing. Neither the Amazon product description or any of the other reviews give that, so I thought I'd write one out here.

My last word on the subject - for a fiver this is excellent value and well worth getting

Tracks

Do It Clean (Live)
Ocean Rain (Live)
The Killing Moon (Live)
on 4 August 2010
What's not to like. Extensive 2CD anthology including most of the notable tracks from first albums up to The Game. All the hits and more. This is a good introduction to the bands classic back catalogue and includes much of Ocean Rain. An excellent place to start.
on 18 November 2012
If you were wondering how this album compares to the 'Original Album' series collection ... I've just done the homework.
You get 6 studio tracks (the Puppet, Do it clean, Never stop, Angels and devils, Bring on the dancing horses and People are strange) and 4 live tracks (Zimbo, Do it clean, Ocean rain, the killing moon) not on the 'Origiinal Album' series. Obviously, 3 of the live tracks are elsewhere on the album in the studio form.
So ... the 'Original Album' series (with 5 complete albums) is a much more sensible starting point. But, Killing Moon becomes essential if you want those early singles and a couple of obscuritiies.
Which begs the question, why are these extra tracks not included as bonuses on the 'Original Album' series albums?
on 2 March 2013
should of purchased years ago what a superb album,a true genius this wil never fade in the distance fab listen
on 23 June 2015
Echo and the Bunnymen have a very distinctive sound and they are very great band with favourite hits such as The Game, The Cutter, The Killing Moon, Bring on the Dancing Horses, A Promise, Rescue amongst others... Gret album!
on 29 December 2014
Love! Love! Love! Great CD with lots of music! After hearing one of their songs I was hooked and this CD made me fall in love with Echo and the Bunnymen! <3 I would LOVE to see them in concert!
on 23 November 2013
Together with Siouxsie and the Banshees they formed the top of creativity of British music in the early 80s
The first CD is one bomb after another. Can't believe they had so many great songs