on 5 October 2011
Many many books exist on writing CVs. The vast majority assume the CV is for a academically-oriented job seeker looking for a managerial, sales or other 'professional' career move up a familiar career ladder. But what about the recent graduate, looking for their first job? Or the craftsperson looking for a new role after redundancy? Or the qualified technician looking for a complete career change?

I read this book very quickly on a plane and can say it fills a much-needed gap very well. It is equally good advice for the seasoned professional who thinks they already know it all which, of course, none of us does. But it is written in such an accessible way, with great insights that are given with simplicity, without pomp, that it will be a huge boost to those who have not had any previous formal advice about writing their CV.

It deserves to be a huge success.
on 23 December 2011
This is a great quick read which gives you exactly what you need to write a CV that not only engages employers but communicates your skills, knowledge, experiences and abilities in a structured and effective way. There were useful summaries at the end of each Key as well as specific advice for young job seekers. Mildred Talabi takes you through the process of writing the different parts of your CV with good examples and clear explanations. I think that after reading this book you could confidently write a CV that will actually get you the results you want provided that you have the skills and experiences to meet a job description and person specification for a role. I read this book in less than a couple of hours and would highly recommend it to adults and definitely young people.
on 30 September 2011
Having spent night nigh on 20 years in recruitment, I was pleasantly surprised by Mildred's book. This is a simple, yet powerful framework that anyone can adopt to give them competitive advantage in an increasingly competitive labour market.

Highly recommended.
on 14 December 2011
CVs are one of those things that we all have to do and many of us find a chore. Great to find a plain English, practical and easy to use guide that absolutely anyone would find helpful. I really like the simple concept of the 7 keys and the separate advice for young people - timely and relevant. My only caveat is that in some areas of the job market now, differentiating yourself is going to challenge some of the tried and tested approaches that have worked in the past. Only time will tell! In the meantime, this does what it says on the cover and will help a lot of people, young or older.
on 9 January 2012
I got this book as a xmas present, and started reading it immediately. I found it very useful and easy to read. It helped me to update and improve my CV and I now feel more confident when presenting it to potential employers.
Fredrik Strand - Norway
on 17 August 2015
As a Careers Adviser, I have read several books about CVs, many of which over complicate things. I found this book very straightforward and with excellent information about how to sell your key strengths and skills to potential employers. The easy, step-by-step format makes it a pleasant book to read and be able to write a CV with confidence. It is also a great book to refer to if you are advising others on their CVs. I highly recommend this book for those looking to make sure their CV contains all the right features to secure interviews.
on 25 September 2014
Having never written a CV (effectively anyway) I was so grateful that I had this book sitting on the bookshelf. Although I have owned the book for a few years I didn't need it until now. I picked up the book and within 48 hours can proudly say I now have a 'winning cv'. I sent my CV to a prospective employer this morning and within the hour I was sent an application form and an interview in principle. It does what it says on the tin!!!
on 5 October 2011
As a qualified manager and self confessed nut on 'CPD' I read a lot of books such as this one, this book
hits the ground running, does what it says on the cover and is an easy read which is most important coupled with top class ideas, suggestions and tips relevance is king here!
on 7 April 2012
Unlike many other books on CV's this was goes straight to the point and provides simple easy to understand techniques. It is easy to read and compact enough not to seem like a chore which many CV books tend to be. I will be using the book to help other Job seekers within my own careers work.

Tony Badcott
[...]
on 14 December 2013
Excellent book. As a student I found it really helpful in getting my CV into shape! The sections were easy to read and really applied to me. It consolidated the information really well. I have recommended this book to many friends.