on 6 June 2014
This is an excellent map, in some ways similar to our own OS maps, which is praise indeed. It is up-to-date, including recent detail which is often missing from older maps of the region.

It shows walking trails and smaller villages, and the contour shading gives a realistic idea of just how mountainous Kefalonia is. It has the added advantage of being printed on plastic, tear-proof paper.

It is invaluable if you plan to do any walking, although not essential for driving as the roads in Kefalonia are clearly signposted in English and, with a free hire car map, you are unlikely to get lost. In fact it’s worth stressing that this calls itself a hiking map rather than a road map. For driving you may find the clearer graphics of the Frey & Berndt map easier to navigate by. However, that map is much less reliable, being about 15 years out of date.

If you are taking just one map to Kefalonia, it has to be this one.
on 9 September 2014
This review is largely for the Ithaca map. I was looking for an Ithaca map. Initially I assumed that the Ithaca bit of this would be a small inset but in fact it occupies the reverse of the sheet in much larger scale. In fact I could distinguish the individual villa I stayed in.

I visited a large number of the road and trail accessible beaches, went for evening runs and hired a motor boat for a day. in all respects the map was very accurate and more than adequate.

One problem was that unpaved roads can vary considerably from smoothish gravel to very rough. The latter can happen in the space of a season or even a bad storm so it is hard for the map to be accurate for those roads. I also encountered a 2 or 3 that had been partly or completely concreted or tarred compared to the map (2013 edition). So a bit of local common sense is required on the ground and be prepared to back out before getting too far down a bad road!

Features such as churches and monasteries are clearly marked and are very useful landmarks.

The plastic it is printed on is very durable and withstood wind, beaches, seawater spray on the boat etc.

As an aside I discovered I could download from the Anavasi website a Garmin "custom map" version for a few pounds for my Oregon handheld which proved accurate and useful.
on 11 July 2015
This is an excellent quality map. It is printed on a plastic base that is virtually indestructible, so no concerns if it gets wet or blown around in the wind. I bought the map to supplement several guide books, which were lacking an adequate map. No inaccuracies were identified whilst using it.

The map of Kefalonia is at a scale of 1:65,000 (approximately 1 inch to 1 mile - like the pre-metric Ordnance Survey maps). The map of Ithaca is at a larger scale of 1:25000 printed on the reverse side of the Kefalonia map. All text is in Greek and duplicated in English.I can't imagine anyone buying it would be disappointed.
on 20 November 2013
I bought this for my Greek Island holiday this year for driving and walking. I found it to be very accurate for the roads and I'm sure it's accurate for the footpaths, also. However, I found that the footpaths themselves left a lot to be desired for maintenance and directions. I often found that path 'markers' had disappeared and footpaths simply led into undergrowth (even in the case of new or refurpished paths). Can't really place any blame on the map, though!
on 24 June 2015
Looks like a very useful map, we have never been to Kefalonia before and really looking forward to it. The map feels quite robust and shows good detail, I am sure it will help us find our way around this beautiful island.
on 20 June 2015
Good clear map containing mmany historical locations. I am looking forward to making good use on my visit to the Islands in late August.

Good clear map containing many useful historical sights. I hopeto make good use on my visit to the islands in late August.2015.
on 15 April 2014
This is a very detailed map and being printed on quality waterproof paper makes it a fantastic asset for a holiday abroad. It is nice to be able to plan an itinerary before travelling.....highly recommended.
on 25 April 2015
This is an excellent map of of the islands of kephalonia and Ihaka. They are relief maps, place names are given in both Greek and English.There is a wealth of other information about historical sites and locations.
on 11 October 2015
A detailed up to date map. Its just a pity that the Kephalonia map couldn't have been as big a scale as that for Ithaca .The fabric used is much better than the paper used on many other maps. Very useful.
on 11 May 2014
This has to be the best map on the market. 10 times better than the freebie maps you get from the car hire companies.