on 2 November 2011
Absolutely fantastic piece of kit. Attaching it to the Kenwood was a bit of a fiddle to start with (until I realised it needed a sharp tap - well, bash actually) to make the unit seat properly into the Kenwood. But once set up it worked a treat. Opened the packaging at about 7pm at night and eating Gordon Ramsey's delicious open mushroom ravioli dish by 8pm. Beginner's luck? I don't think so - the attachment is so easy to use and produces fantastically smooth and thin pasta sheets.

Quick tip - use semolina for dusting the rollers, your board and the finished pasta - rather than flour as generally suggested. A perfect natural non-stick that stays non-stick in the boiling water.
on 21 April 2010
I've used it to make few sheets of pasta for ravioli and it's very helpfull, it's esay to use and the best is that you can use both hands to put the sheet into the roller and make longer sheets.
The thickness goes from 1 (thick) to 9 (thin), and for ravioli sheet I used 7, more thin its dificult to work with it
The device is beautifull and it works.
on 11 June 2013
I am pleased I bought this attachment as it is so easy to use and gives a silky feel to the pasta once rolled. I have used semolina instead of flour when using the roller as I find this better for non stick and not as messy. It is easy to clean and just to make sure nothing is left on the rollers, I run a piece of kitchen paper through. I found the attachment fiddly to fit at first, but soon got the hang of it and now find it easy. The roller saves so much time and the quality of the pasta sheets is amazing compared to hand rolling. Changing the thickness of rolling is easy, just a slight pull and a turn to the next level. I make quite a lot of fresh pasta and this has saved me so much time. I generally roll the pasta to number 7 level and instead of just ravioli or lasagne sheets, I use my cookie cutter and pop some mince or cheese mixture in the middle, water brush the edges and create little 'dumplings' and boil them in flavoured stock. Served with freshly baked rolls they make a lovely lunch. The instruction booklet that comes with the attachment gives basic recipes for pasta and the instructions to use the attachment are straight forward. I opted for free delivery and was expecting to wait 5 days before the item came but to my surprise it came within 3 days of ordering and in time for the weekend, giving me plenty of time to use it and stock my freezer with pasta sheets and dumplings. I can highly recommend the attachment and thank Amazon for a fast and efficient service
on 30 November 2010
Pasta maker is a dream. It work powerfully to make pasta for lasagne, cannelloni and results are excellent. What else? For me is enough and if an Italian chef is satisfied about his pasta machine...
on 30 May 2013
Since getting my Kenwood and discovering how easy home made pasta is to make, I have overdone it a little with pasta based dishes!

This is a great attachment and the only reason I haven't give it five stars is because it was a teeny bit fiddly to attach initially, and I haven't quite worked out how to clean it between the rollers.

This was a great price and great fun to use. I have made enough pasta sheets to feed the five thousand, so now I have a stock in the freezer.
on 12 July 2010
Arrived safely; works well and does the job it was ment for, it's Very Good. Thank you, JD.
on 16 May 2013
Many reviewers of this Kenwood tool write of the texture change in the pasta after its been rolled, waxing lyrical of the silk like nature/texture to the feel of the pasta. Well I've got to say the same, the pasta dough definitely responds positively to being rolled giving a more refined result.
The advantage the roller has over a hand cranked model is you can devote both hands to feeding the dough through the rollers as opposed to trying to wind and feed manually. Not the cheapest attachment but made of quality high grade chrome steel which should last barring abuse, I will be sticking with my Kenwood roller for future pasta creation.
on 2 October 2015
We only have half a dozen hens, but that, as you may imagine, means a lot of eggs. I can't keep eating cakes, or shouldn't, so I think pasta is the answer. I once bought a manually operated pasta roller, and the result really wasn't worth the effort, but all that has changed. This is great! It's just the same as a traditional one, but with no effort. More to the point, it leaves both hands free. There's something rather nice about it. It's very heavy and feels, as you'd expect, well made. This is something that will give a lot of use over the years and will repay what might seem like quite a lot of money. It's well worth it.
I did have ten minutes of bad language trying to attach it to the machine, but eventually went to the Kenwood site and watched a video. All became clear. Also, I find it's easier if you put the mixer on it's back.
on 19 October 2015
I have a disability and my left arm is weak as a result I have beed unable to use a conventional pasta roller as you need two good hands. This is the answer to my pasta addiction - let the Kenwood Chef do the hard work!

This was so easy to use apart from inserting the motor into the machine which took about ten minutes of fiddling but I am hoping that there is a knack to this and it will be easier next time.

Other than that that it was easy-peasy and the result was lovely thin silky smooth pasta.

I will have to make a lot of pasta to justify the cost of this but - hey - its a hard life and I think I can cope with that.
on 24 January 2014
I have a hand operated one, so when you have made the pasta, you are knackerd. This fits onto the Kenwood Chef and makes pasta so easy. 3 passes in 6 seconds, brilliant! Would recommend this !