on 21 October 2007
I have been using my Kenwood Hand Mixer very regularly for about 3 years now. It was inexpensive, dead easy to use just plug it in and select one two or three - one is equivalent to folding and three is high speed mixing with two falling somewhere in the middle. The Mixer attachements are dishwasher safe, and the handheld unit can be wiped with a cloth if you get it dirty.

An excellent buy - I'm glad I didn't spend any more as I'm very happy with this product and would highly recommend it.
0Comment| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 13 February 2010
This is a perfectly adequate hand held mixer, it is fairly light weight, easy to hold and easy to use. It has 2 whisk beaters that slot easily into the main unit and there is an eject button on the top of the main unit to remove them once you have finished mixing. The beaters can be stored on the mixer using a plastic holder that slips neatly into the main unit, thus having it all together so you don't have to root around in the drawer when you need them, very handy. The cord wraps around the back of the unit and is secured with a clip. This model only has the whisk beaters but there is another model that has dough hooks supplied Kenwood HM320 Hand Mixer (White). It is fairly quiet and mixes very well with its 3 speeds. I have had mine over 3 years and it has served me well, I mainly use mine to mix meringues and whip cream but sometimes I use it to make sponge cakes if I don't feel like getting the food processor out. It is easy to clean, you just wipe over the main unit with a damp cloth.
It would be handy if there was a stand to rest it on while mixing as it makes my arm aches holding it for long periods.
If you need a mixer for occasional use then I think this is quite adequate. It is small and neat and doesn't take up much room in the cupboard.
on 28 July 2009
I've had the same experience as Totoro: "I have used this set of handmixer less than 10 times. The motorized part seemed to work well though. However because the beaters are not full metal and have a plastic part holding them together, it fell apart. It's not easy to get the replacements either. I wish they would simply sell the full metal replacements for this. Don't buy this product. Make sure you buy one with a full metal beater."

Identical replacement beaters incl. postage would be nearly the price of buying the hand mixer itself again. I've been told that no "all metal beaters" will work with this model. I informed Kenwood of the poor beaters and they replied that they were sorry for my disappointment end of story! Great customer service there!!
11 comment| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I'm impressed with this hand-blender for the following reasons. The interchangeable beaters and dough hooks are very easy to swap over (click into place, push-button release). The electric cord is a good length. It's a comfortable appliance to hold (I tried several others that were quite heavy before plumping for this one). And the motor runs well - no sense of it straining or overheating on the higher settings.

True, it isn't in the polished chrome or brushed steel that is currently en-vogue, and it doesn't come with a recipe book or any fancy packaging, but it's reliable and good value. I use it to whip cream, as I always find that an arm-ache inducing task manually (2 mins on low), and to make quick cake and pancake batters. Not flashy, but very much a 'does what it says on the tin' product.
on 27 December 2008
on 25 October 2008
I've had one of these for about 3 years. It hasn't had a lot of use as I have other food mixers and processor so only really use for creaming small cakes and whisking up cream or eggs. The beaters have come apart and to get a new set would cost me (with postage etc) almost the same as a new mixer. I consider this to be poor value. The last Kenwood hand mixer I owned I had for about 20 years, ditto with my Kenwood Chef so it looks like quality is poorer now. I am about to buy a new hand mixer now and won't be getting one of these.
on 29 March 2011
Bought this as our previous hand mixer (also a Kenwood) which we received as a wedding present 37 years ago gave up the ghost. Delighted with the performance and price. Also much lighter than our old one. Recommended
on 29 September 2014
I like this mixer it has some neat features. Its stands on its end when you set it down while using, it has a long enough cord which neatly winds around the unit to store. The beaters store flat attached to the unit with a little gadget provided. Its not to heavy and the motor is more than enough for a hand mixer. I was quite aware that there are higher wattage mixers out there and my previous mixer was a 300 watt this one is obviously not but I hardly notice the difference.
on 7 May 2012
I bought this hand mixer 11 months ago and have used it no more than half a dozen times. Today I used it and it started smoking - a lot! I know it was only cheap, but I expected it to last longer after such light usage. Needless to say, I would not recommend this product.
on 26 March 2016
I bought this to replace a twenty year old one which was essentially the same product from the same manufacturer, with only tiny differences. The old one worked extremely well, and so far this one has also been excellent. It is a good-value, basic whisk, which I find whips cream or eggs very well and makes good mayonnaise. It is not massively high powered; I haven't tried it, but I doubt it could be used to mix a stiff dough. It is easy to use, with the switch (which is also the speed selector) and button to remove the blades in a good place, where they can be operated with the hand holding the device. The lead is around five and a half feet long: I mention this because there seems to be a tendency on modern appliances to try to save money by shortening the leads, in many cases to a length that they won't reach kitchen sockets!) This one is OK on that front.

The original, twenty-year old one failed because the plastic clips holding the removable blades became brittle over time and eventually shattered; I do not, of course, know if this updated version has the same failing.