on 14 August 2013
I've had two Kenwood processors before. It is true that they are noisy - but this is true of all of this kind of kitchen equipment regardless of make. I see that there has also been criticism - apparently of poor quality plastic parts. I have to say that I don' agree. Of course, a good deal of the processor is made of plastic of one type or another but as far as I can see, there is nothing wrong with the quality and don't forget that Kenwood is about the most established and quality mark for this kind of item.
My processor is solid, well-built and has the feel of quality and longevity about it. The heat-proof bowl and liquidiser are an excellent improvement on their previous technology for this kind of thing.

The whole unit is pretty heavy but maybe this is a function of the quality of the build materials. It would be nice of they could reduce the level of noise but then you never switch it on for more than a minute or two at a time - and usually not more than a few seconds.
The parts are easy to clean and most of the accessories can go in the dishwasher. It is powerful and gets the job done effortlessly. It looks smart and I don't expect mine to wear out - but I am confident that it can be serviced or parts can be replaced well into the future.
I think that it is a bit pricey - but if you are going to own it for a long time and use it regularly then it represents good value and the price shouldn't be a big issue

**********************************************
I'm updating this review. I'm still very happy with the processor.
However, on my unit, the little plastic grommet thing, in the cover which anchors the cutting blade spindle at the top - came out. I can glue it back in but I called Kenwood and they agreed to send out a replacement cover - no quibble - so top marks for them.
If you have to glue the grommet back then it is as good as new, so don't worry - but keep an eye on it. Don't lose it or you are stuck until you get a replacement.
44 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2015
I bought this product last November to upgrade from a previous Kenwood food processor which I had used for about 10 years. About 4 months ago I noticed that the central guide shaft and geared unit for the whisk had started to wear so I bought replacements from Kenwood. I've just used it to beat 6 egg whites to make a merangue and the same parts are already showing signs of wear. I only use the machine on avarage once a month so this cannot be the result of heavy usage.

I've always bought Kenwood in the past but now I think I will look elsewhere.
on 30 October 2013
We also ordered a press for fruits like oranges at "europarts.nl" to complete the set.
fine quality and a alrounder
on 23 May 2014
This item is a massive time saver. It is easy to use and it has been in constant use since it arrived.
The addition of a small bowl is ideal for a small family as it doesn't mean you have to have LARGE amounts of anything.
on 3 September 2014
Great buy, a heavy weight processor for large volumes - very sturdy and easy to clean
on 29 April 2015
WARNING!!! If you go ahead and buy this product, do not use the whisks for the Basic Cake Mix on page 12 of the instruction booklet, in fact, do not use the whisks for anything but egg whites and creaming butter (very soft butter) and sugar. Do NOT attempt to add eggs to the mixture as this makes the machine violently thrash around and damages the central spindle by ramming the head holder of the whisks down on to the spindle. I have informed Kenwood of this issue twice now and provided videos of the problem. Kenwood customer services is pretending that this is an 'isolated' problem. I cannot believe I am the only person to have encountered this issue. I suspect anyone who tried to use the whisks for anything other than cream or egg whites or creaming very soft sugar and butter (without adding eggs) would find exactly the same issue. Oh, and the grommet on the lid also sheared off. I encountered the problem the first time round and thought it was the grommet that caused the problem when it sheared off, but when I had a replacement lid etc from Kenwood, I decided to test it again with the same recipe (Basic Cake Mix - page 12) and video it to see exactly what happens. Sure enough the problem happened again and it was obvious that the whisks are not up to the job as when I added one egg to the creamed butter and sugar, the machine again thrashed willdly around the counter top, damaging the spindle again and shearing off the grommet from the lid again. Kenwood, instead of pretending this is not a known issue, get it sorted and make amends to your customers who have already bought this machine! I expected much better and now wish I had gone for a Magimix.
88 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2016
This processor is a beast. It is one of the very best out there. I chose it over Magimix and I am very happy about my decision, because as advised by the shop assistant at John Lewes, you can create a lot more with this Kenwood and also with its powerful 1000 watts motor, you still have control over the speed which ranges from one to eight apart from the auto and pause buttons. I've used almost all the features and it does everything perfectly and quickly with ease. Making cakes and short crust pastry for pies is a breeze now. The only downside is the fact that it's only got a narrow feed tube which is why I am giving it 4 stars. I know the bigger model which is the excel has got a wide feed tube but you don't have to necessarily go for the biggest model before you can have access to a wide feed tube. Other than this con, it is such a brilliant product and I love using it
on 27 August 2015
Absolutely just what I wanted. Great price, fast delivery and very well packaged/ protected. Spending many happy hours using all the attachments (which come in a sturdy roll top style box). Easy to wash after using. 5 star food processor!
on 21 July 2015
Very happy with my purchase. Took a little longer that "track your parcel stated", but when it arrived it was well packed. Love the look and it does what it says it does. I would recommend this product.
on 15 January 2014
I have had it about a month and have not quite used all the tools yet but getting there. I did however buy a grinder attachment (they say they are not available but if you buy one for the FP980 it fits :-)). It is easy to clean and quick to assemble when chancing tools. It's no louder than I expected which I have seen comment about when researching the unit. I would recommend and I think I got it for a reasonable price.