4.5 out of 5 stars1,677

I bought this, like many others I'm sure, on Delia's recommendation in her Cheat recipe book. It has been in almost daily use in my kitchen since the moment it arrived, about six months ago, so I thought I would add a review based on my experience. It is small - very small, so doesn't take up nearly as much space on the kitchen counter as having a food processor sitting there. It is very easy to take apart, clean and put back together again - these things are really essential for a kitchen machine being used as often as this one will be! Most importantly however, it really does what it says on the box really well. It chops things. Quickly, evenly, finely (if you press the button down for a longer period of time) coarsely (if you just press the button down for a few seconds for a quick whizz!). Most often I use it for 'finely chopped onions' - the basis for many a fine recipe, but I've also used it for chopping ginger, garlic, beef (both raw and cooked), making hummous (a la Delia!) and lots more besides. After six months use, the perspex is showing a few scratches, but apart from that this product has worn well, and the blade seems as sharp as ever. It is really easy to operate - just a big grey button, and it works really really well. Buy one. Even if you can't stand Delia, she is right about this little beauty. If mine broke, I would buy a new one tomorrow!
1313 comments690 of 711 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2009
This little chopper is absolutely worth its' weight in gold! Have you ever wished that somebody would invent something small that could cope with just one chilli?
Well, this is it, no more 'chilli-burnt' fingers, I don't put it away and I use it every day for chopping loads of things. Go on treat yourself, you won't regret it!
11 comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2014
When I first used this I found it a bit fiddly to lock on the bowl and lid. Quicker to get out the chopping board and knife I huffed. However, after a bit of practice it's easy peasy. I now use it regularly. Chop an onion? Whizz it's done. Need some breadcrumbs? Buzz buzz that's it. Carrot for mince dish? A doddle! Particularly practical when only cooking for one or two. Small enough to sit on the counter or at the front of a cupboard if you prefer.
It was well worth the wait for this to come back into stock following Delia's exploits. This is a very handy and powerful little tool. Small enough to be easily stored and easily accessed rather than having the bind of getting out the full size food processor (currently in a box on top of the fridge right at the back!). It takes a little practice getting used to quite how powerful this is. Cut an onion into quarters before you put it in the mini chopper and it'll practically puree it in 10 seconds. If you want your items a little more chunky e.g. mushrooms then just pulse it a little. The trick is not to overfill so things have a chance to move around in the bowl and nothing gets stuck. The bowl itself is quite straightforward to remove once you get the knack. You can be sure if you buy this it won't be the type of thing that sits away gathering dust.
22 comments321 of 341 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2005
I bought one of these recently and have been using it a lot more than I thought I would. The instructions suggest you take care with hard veg like carrots or turnips but I've had no problems at all (no reduction in revs for example) and the two speed feature is brilliant. Some choppers I've had in the past tend to pulp everything at the bottom and leave the rest in chunks, but this has the most even chopping motion of any mini chopper I've come across with a really powerful little motor. The bowl is a bit tricky to fit in and remove but even that does not detract from what is actually a pretty good product. As I mentioned - I haven't had it for long, but so far I'm very happy.
0Comment496 of 540 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 February 2008
does exactly what i need it to. powerful enough to mash up most stuff inc. nuts, chocolate etc, bit of advice - avoid liquids for easy cleaning!
0Comment153 of 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 July 2015
Doesn't blend food suitable for a newly weaning baby but close enough!
review image
on 23 March 2014
Just awful! I had a Russell Hobbs version that lasted ages but eventually died so I thought I'd buy a Kenwood one and expected it to be much better. I was so wrong! The bowl is tiny in comparison (you can barely fit in the inside of a large avocado in one go to make guacamole for instance). To start with it was tricky to slot the bowl on to the unit and get the lid on properly but a piece soon chipped of the bowl which made it easier to fit together but I had to hold the bowl in place while using. Soon after that another piece chipped off and then today a piece chipped off where the lid slots on to the unit (cutting my hand as it did so) and it won't turn on at all now (I presume it needed to slot in to allow it to know it's together and let it work for 'safety'. How ironic).
It's just too brittle, so I'm not going to buy another bowl. The whole lot went in the bin.
on 19 June 2009
This is a great mini chopper BUT beware of using it to make bread-crumbs as we have had two blades break while trying to do this!!
22 comments20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2009
After reading many reviews I decided to go ahead and purchase this nifty little device. Used it to chop some carrots and swede and on the second run the plastic shaft that holds the blade cracked and now the blade won't spin. Made with very cheap materials, don't expect this unit to last long.
22 comments56 of 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse