KEN GRAUER, MD is Professor Emeritus (Dept. Community Health/Family Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Florida in Gainesville). Dr. Grauer has been a leading family physician educator for over 30 years. During that time he has published (as principal author) more than 10 books and numerous study aids on the topics of ECG interpretation, cardiac arrhythmias, and ACLS. He has recently come out with a new line of ACLS materials including "ACLS-2011-Pocket Brain" and "ACLS: Practice Code Scenarios-2011", as well as ePub versions of these books (nook-kindle-ibooks).
- Dr. Grauer's perspective as a Board Certified family physician educator and clinician with expertise in cardiology is truly unique. His books have been translated into 4 languages and have sold over 500,000 copies nationwide. He has developed an ongoing Educational ECG Blog (http://ecg-interpretation.blogspot.com/).
AMONG HIS OTHER ACCOMPLISHMENTS (www.kg-ekgpress.com):
- Principal Author of more than 75 scientific articles pertaining to cardiology or ACLS topics for family physicians.
- Presenter at well over 300 major Conferences over the past 30 years on various cardiology topics for family physicians, nurses, and other primary care providers -- including numerous keynote speaker invitations at national meetings.
- Featured Speaker on over 40 medical videos / audiocassettes produced by the AAFP or Audio-Digest.
- Author of ECG Review columns that have been published monthly in various family practice journals since 1983.
- Longterm service on Editorial Boards and as reviewer of medical books/articles for many primary care journals.
- Recipient of numerous Awards for teaching excellence on a local, statewide and national level -- including 3-time Residency Teacher of the Year; recipient of the Superior Accomplishment Award and TIP Award from UF (one of two physicians to first receive this latter award); 1st recipient of the FAFP Educator of the Year Award (in 1993); 1st Recipient of the national AAFP Exemplary Teaching Award for full-time faculty (in 1997); Charter Member of the Society of Teaching Scholars at UF College of Medicine; and Exemplary Teacher, UFCOM in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Presenter of numerous national ECG Workshops (including Advanced ECG Interpretation at the AAFP Scientific Assembly for 18 consecutive years), and longterm teacher of the ECG Review for AAFP Board Review Courses.
- Former ACLS State and National Affiliate Faculty. Dr. Grauer has taught in well over 100 ACLS Provider Coures and has had a major role in developing the curriculum and teaching at numerous ACLS Instructor Courses over the years. He is a former member of the AHA Task Force for ACLS Testing, and a contributor in the past to the AHA ACLS Textbook.
- Language facility (comfortably conversational in French and Spanish; learning German).
- Outside interests: Travel and Dance (all ballroom, Argentine tango).