Customer Discussions > Tales Of The Otherworld forum

Books in the Kelley Armstrong / Rachel Vincent 'vein' (not vampires!)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Mar 2010 15:58:57 BDT
Sammij says:
I love both of these authors style of writing and the 'fantasy' aspect and was wondering have any of you come across similiar books - i don't mind vampire style books but in all honesty have read enough of those to last a lifetime!!

Posted on 12 Apr 2010 10:50:10 BDT
Lora Leigh's Breed series springs to mind - I know what you mean about being vamped out lol. I have had a major vamp thing since my teens read all the Anne Rice books now with the twilight blast it seems every other UF series is Vamp lead another one would be Chritine Feehans Drake Sisters series - not the Dark which is vamp based and very good and predates twilight. P.C Casts Goddess of Partholon series is good too. Laurell K Hamilton's Merry Gentry series is another.......I'm a bit of a book fiend lol I am reading Suzanne Mcleod at the moment - She's a UK based author and her series is set here in London (which I love) and she has put a totally new bent on the UF theme's of high fae and vampires which has kind of got me out of my vamped out bent hope this helps......

Posted on 20 Apr 2010 20:08:24 BDT
Claire Mill says:
In some ways, I'm pretty vamped out too, so I understand you wanting others. Kelley and Rachel are two of my favourite authors as well. These are some of my others you may well like. A couple of them are technically young adult series but, they're the gritty grown up kind that I think adults can get on with just as well (I'm 22 and read a lot in both adult/YA catagories)

Ilona Andrews - Kate Daniels series (sometimes incorrectly referred to as the 'Magic' series. Lots of magic in a dark gritty world with lots of shifters on the sidelines)
Richelle Mead - Vampire Academy series (okay, so vampires, young adult and chessy title, but get past all that because it's amazing and alongside Kate Daniels, my favourite series ever at this point. Dark, gritty and with some fantastic depth to the vampire lore, which isn't common place. Worth at least checking out), Dark Swan series (fae and magic) and Georgina Kincaid series (also known as the Succubus series, plus other demons of various kinds. And awesome angels)
Patricia Briggs - Mercy Thompson series (shifters)
Lili St Crow - Strange Angels series (YA, but again dark and gritty. Vampires are in it, but more dhampirs than full blooded vamps, and just as many werewolves, well done to the point you can ignore it containing vampires)
Jenna Black - Morgan Kingsley series (an exercist who happens to be possessed by a demon)
Trudi Canavan - The Black Magician Trilogy (actually pretty different to Rachel/Kelley's work, but it's fantastic and well worth reading. All about magic in various uses)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  29 Mar 2010
Latest post:  20 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
TALES OF THE OTHERWORLD
TALES OF THE OTHERWORLD by Kelley Armstrong (Hardcover - 2010)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (34)