Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 October 2000
If, like me, you are struggling to deal with QCA Primary recommendation for KS1 Geography, this book is all you need. The story can develop children's understanding of geographical features and ideas, whilst also developing their literacy skills. It also helps children to formulate views about other people in a contrasting environment. It is also available as a Big Book.
on 14 December 2006
I bought this and another Katie Morag book for my friends' daughter, Katie. I had to read them first to make sure they were OK - they are wonderful. The way the language is used gives a hint of the Islands too [my husband's family come from Lewis - so I do know]. I expect I'll be buying them all in the future.
on 6 March 1999
Katie Morag is caught in between when her lovely Grannie Mainland arrives in time for the fair. Tough Grannie Island thinks it is silly the way all the men goo after her until Grannie Island herself needs a few of the supplies. When the going gets very tough, she and Katie Morag have lots of fun playing dress up with Grannie Mainland's things!
on 2 August 2011
The keystage 1 topic at my school this last term was 'Island Living' and we used the isle of Struay (Coll) as one of our starting points. The Katie Morag books have been invaluable for ideas for literacy, art, DT and PSHCE as well as geography. I particularly like this book about the two grandmothers but they are all great.
on 15 August 2013
The two grandmothers are so different, but Katie Morag has a story about them both that shows they are loved and valued.
Beautiful pictures make this a lovely book for a little girl.
on 11 July 2014
My granddaughter loves these books and we'll be purchasing the whole series. Looking forward to the DVD coming out following on from the BBC series.
on 17 February 2012
Thank you for the Katie Morag book . It is in perfect condition. Was delivered quickly. Lets hope my class enjoy the story. Nothing more can be said.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2013
My Granddaughter loved this book and has read it many, many times! lovely pictures and a great story about grandmothers!
on 4 April 2014
I bought this for a 3year old. It is old fashioned but a lovely read. She likes the Tv series
on 7 November 2014
Our Grand Daughter loved it, and so did the Granny and Nana.