on 14 August 2013
The author is an international (but damn it, British!) journalist and has done her royals' homework. Good insights and anecdotes and no need to queue up outside Buck House to buy a copy, by George! A right royal summer book.
on 10 June 2013
I was rooting for Kate to end up with William right from the very start. I remember all the speculation in the papers- were they engaged, weren't they engaged? If you've followed their story really closely in the papers, then you probably won't learn too many new facts about the couple- although there are some amusing stories about them at University - in particular when they were living together. However, I learnt a lot about her parents and grandparents, which was really interesting. Irene tells her story with warmth and I have to say I did enjoy the book. I cannot wait for their baby to be born.
on 1 December 2013
As a loyal subject of monarchy over 70 years I have a large library of books on past & present members of the royal families so I have much knowledge about them. I wanted to gain knowledge of the Middleton family and from that point of view I found it an interesting read. However there were several incorrect facts about our present day totals that made me wonder if we were given facts or myths about the Middletons. Having said that I found it an interesting fans easy read.
on 24 July 2013
A very informative and easy reading account of Kate and William and their love for each other from a very early age. A must read.
on 4 August 2013
A very easy read. In light of the birth of her son I thought I would have a read about her and will , a proper fairy tale.
on 10 August 2014
If you love reading about the royal family then I would recommend this book, as in my opinion it is a must read, it is an interesting well written book, gives you an insight into the lives of Kate, William and Baby George.
The book talks about Kate's parents and her life through to today, Kate and William their romance and wedding, they both seem so private and down to earth, Diana would have been so very proud.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2013
Nice overview of Kate's life, which is understandably weighted towards relationship with William. Book is competently and confidently written. Author doesn't do Kate down, but is a good enough journalist to know she isn't perfect. Nor is this book an account of a fairytale princess, but a smart and decent young woman who became friends, and fell in love with an equally decent Prince.
on 17 July 2013
A, really nice book, well written, and a pleasure to read.So far so good, she,s just the perfect princess, Diana would have been so proud of Williams choice. Well done to Irene Bell.
on 26 June 2014
This book was an easy interesting light read of William & Kate's romance & future marriage & the news of their 1st child Prince George.
Will suit those keen on the modern royals.
on 15 September 2013
I enjoyed reading the book I've learned a little more about Our Princess I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the couple