on 27 March 2013
I bought these to replace a pair of HiTec Trail boots that I have had for 13 years and have finally given up the ghost. I was attracted to the these Karrimor boots because they look a lot like the HiTecs and the description was the same, but they were a better price. I'm glad I bought them because they have turned out to be a great pair of boots for a great price. Went for a three hour walk in them the other day through mud, ice and slush. The boots kept my feet warm and dry and were very comfortable. They also grip well whatever is underfoot and have a good ankle support.

All in all they are everything you could want from a pair of walking boots at an excellent price .
0Comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2013
I crossed the Scottish Highlands wearing these boots (rain rain rain rain) and my feet kept warm and dry everyday. Best purchase ever!!
on 10 September 2013
Great boot for this sale price. I am a size 6 and would not go for any larger even with thick socks.
The fact they are waterproof is an extra. Also lightweight.
on 23 February 2014
Boots quickly arrived within a couple of days (first class post). Very comfortable to wear and great value for money. Previously had Hi-Tec boots but these seem every bit as good. Very happy with purchase.
on 26 March 2013
comfortable, good solid walking boot, ideal for walking the dogs in farmers fields in all kinds of weather. Good value.
on 15 December 2013
I am impressed with these boots, very comfortable to walk in. I tried them out in the rain and my feet stayed warm and dry, but it wasn't an extensive walk.

Just wanted to point out that unlike other reviewers, I found these to be true to size. I normally wear 7, but based on what others had said, and because I have an upcoming trip to a cold place, I ordered 7.5. I tried these with very thick socks over undersocks, tied the lace as tight as possible but they were still far too loose. Consequently exchanged for size 7 (cost me £4.50), and with normal socks on I had to tie the laces tight, but they will be fine with thick socks for me. They are very roomy at the front as well.

If you're thinking of buying these, my recommendation would be to stick to your normal size to avoid the hassle and cost of exchanging.
VINE VOICEon 9 July 2013
So far so good! As per usual the order arrived early and very well packed. My wife was immediately impressed with the colour! So that's a good start. She put them on and tromped around the house a while and said they are comfortable.
There will be an update to this as we are about to spend a week in the Lakes, where these boots will be well and truly tested-so watch this space. ( 3 stars is for first impressions )
As promised it is now a few weeks on since the first part of this review, so we can give a brief and honest update now.
From the outset my wife liked these boots. She finds them light weight, smart looking and very comfortable. They have not required any "breaking in". We have just reached the end of a weeks holiday in the Lake district. First day we met up with our walking club for a hike in the Grasmere area. My wife chose to do the strenuous walk, which was ten miles plus with a lot of height gain above 500M. We met up later and my wife told me the new boots were very good. She finds them broad fitting -( a must for her) and very comfortable in all terrains. This is a real compliment to this pair of boots as she has had quite a few pairs of tight fitting boots over the years which she used to take for stretching before they became comfy. These new boots are perfect for her and she highly recommends them. We have been around the Old Man of Coniston and other walks since and they really are proving to be a good buy- Well done Karrimor! 5 stars well gained.
on 2 July 2013
I ordered these boots at short notice before going on holiday when I would need them - they have been comfortable from day 1. This is my second pair. I love these boots.
on 26 April 2014
Love these boots, got them at a bargain price, ordered my normal size and they fit perfectly with a pair of medium thickness socks, havent used them yet in the rain but I think they will stand the test of time as they look extremely well made
on 9 January 2014
I am very pleased with these boot. So comfortable, light, excellent grip. Keep in the car - on permanent standby.