The first day I had these I went off for a 4 mile walk. I started off with a comfortable walk and thought all was good. Half way into the walk I felt something was wrong by my toes. I stopped and checked to find the insole had slipped back and rode up into the heel. The toe point was under the joints of my toes and starting to rub. I readjusted the sole plate, but a few strides later and it was happening again.

When I got home I noticed that the sole plate is so smooth that it just glides over the inner sole of the shoe. As you walk forward the back pressure of the ball of your foot pushes the plate back and it rides u under your heel.

I threw out the insoles and replaced them with gel pads as I was reasonably happy with the shoe. The gel pads did the trick and I was a happy chappie again. The shoes were comfortable, not the best at letting your feet breath, but they did keep them dry when in puddles and rain etc.

I checked my shoes after a few slips and slides a few days ago and was shocked to find that there is no discernable pattern on the sole and the heel has almost worn through to the next layer. I log all my walks with GPS and a fitness app. I have only walked about 350 miles (firm ground) in these and have had them less than 6 months.

These are not serious hiking or trekking shoes, they are OK for casual wear and maybe soft ground walks, but get a decent shoe if you are walking on roads, paths and coarse ground.

Will upload some pics to show how the insole bends up
on 6 January 2014
I've been buying these shoes for over a year now (from various places) there very comfortable to wear, the shoe is water tight so most of the time I don't get wet feet (something I cant stand) although due to walking funny I tend to wear out the soles rather quickly having tried out several different makes of shoe these are the only one that both fit the price bracket and provide daily comfort
on 17 December 2013
Good shoes at a bargain price. Comfortable and well made - as you would expect from Karrimor. Would recommend these.
on 19 February 2014
I used to love buying Karrimor shoes but never again, grip wears out very fast and inlays came away in the first day. They used to do quality walking shoes, cheap rubbish now.
on 4 April 2014
A couple of winters ago I bought Karrimor boots and they have proved to be an excellent purchase. Hardwearing and comfortable.
On that basis I purchased these shoes when the pair of trainers I used for cycling ( I am no Bradley Wiggins!) wore out. After trying these on , I have relegated my other trainers to cycling use and I am now wearing these all the time. They are comfortable and I assume they will be hard wearing and waterproof.
Great shoes for the price.
on 16 April 2014
Have purchased much pricier walking shoes and they are not a patch on these. I am so glad my feet don't get wet as I was forever changing my socks. Comfortable affordable and I am well pleased with them and so are my dogs as I can walk a lot further without feeling uncomfortable
on 5 February 2014
I've had Karrrimor shoes before and these are the same in that the insoles are not up to the job, so as long as you factor in the need to replace these they are very good value for money. Smart looking and comfortable. Another thing to be aware of is that the sizing is generous.
on 24 March 2014
Karrimor A cheap convenient and reliable solution for your foots. It is suitable for mountain walking and
I would recommend to my friends.
on 15 February 2014
Having worn them in heavy rain found them to be watertight and also very comfortable. They keep feet warm in cold weather
on 27 February 2014
Order delivered as stated, perfect fit although I'm glad I took the trouble to read reviews as I may have plumbed for a larger size if I hadn't read they are a large fit.

I love the lightweight feel to the shoe and although they may not be fully waterproof they will do nicely for my requirements. All in all a very good buy and cheaper than the high street.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse