on 29 June 2014
From page one I found this book really absorbing and I had great difficulty in putting it down. A very well-written storyline by a writer who is an exponent of her craft and, for me, the underlying struggles made it even better. I reccommend this book to anyone who likes a good read.
on 21 October 2014
One night a couple of weeks ago, I was browsing Amazon, looking for something to bolster my dwindling supply of reading matter on the Kindle and came across this novel. I was a little tired and didn't really read too much about it before buying it. A recipe for disaster I hear you mumble. Well, perhaps.

I was after an adventure/crime/thriller type of read. The skimming I gave this book's entry saw me getting it on that basis. Nobody's mistake but my own, because this is foremost a love story. Yes, there's police work in there and a lot of this is mundane, although still strangely interesting and there is also a bigger police storyline that plays out. But undoubtedly, the love story is what it's about.

So I didn't get what I was after. But what I did get was an excellent story. The course of true love inevitably doesn't run smoothly and there's plenty for the reader to get their teeth into. The peripheral characters are well drawn and interesting in their own right. The peripheral storylines, be it the loneliness of an arctic winter illustrated by a couple of characters, to the strange case of the ladies underwear thief, to the organised crime threat all combine to create a good read.

Whatever genre you favour, this is a good book to read!

The moral of my little story is clear. Occasionally you have to broaden your likes and discover otherwise hidden gems. Venture into the unknown. Even if you do stumble there by mistake.
on 21 October 2014
It was an amazing story to read. I love a good romance and was not expecting to find it here.

A female cop is sent to Dawson, for her protection after a big case is busted. She has to work and live with Corporal Quinn of the RCMP. Who on finding out a female Constable being sent to him is horrified. The fun begins when Quinn has her do all the office filing and menial tasks. After a while of doing this she is anxious to get out and see Dawson but Quinn dismisses her and she returns to filing, until she calls him in to look at the cells she has been washing out and locks him in a cell until she gets her own way.

I would personally recommend this book
on 12 October 2014
Interesting read. A heroine with a mind of her own, equally hard-headed hero, with a battle of wills to follow. I quite liked the growth of characters, in challenges given by nature of northern areas and impact to ways of living to the challenges of different career ideas and paths versus emotions. If you like romance that finds that happy end, you will enjoy the book
on 19 October 2014
Don't write many reviews but I loved this book. I read so many that I forget what they are about but this one I couldn't put down, kept thinking I'll just read another chapter etc...etc
Definitely recommend reading this
on 17 June 2014
Lovely, well written story with interesting and believable characters. Romance, reality and beautifully descriptive writing about the North. Loved it!
on 4 August 2014
Another good book by this author. Enjoyed the characterisation and the way that the plot developed.
on 23 October 2014
This book is excellent escapism..it will paint such a vivid description of the landscape...you will feel you have been there!
It is a lovely story about life and love..you instantly like the characters,the observations and the humour,you want to get to know how their lives and loves develop. It has lots happening and keep you enthralled all the way through. The Yukon and its history and culture is described in a breath taking way, where the author even makes the stark cold seem wonderfully romantic. my thanks to the author
on 11 October 2014
Sometimes the Amazon free promotions really give you a big treat…
I downloaded this novel never having heard of the author and was carried away by the emotional intensity of the writing. It starts out predictably enough, the heroine, Chris, is beautiful, smart and bewitching, the hero, Quinn, a big sexy hunk, and the setting (the Yukon) exotic and intriguing. We know there’s going to be a clash when Quinn, a corporal in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, is forced to accept a woman as his new constable. We know the path of true love is going to be anything but smooth. But Bobby Hutchinson takes all these basic ingredients, throws in a few unexpected ones (an underwear thief, a hired killer, a beautiful friendship...) creating a story that will make you stop and think, catch your breath, laugh out loud, and shed more than a few tears. ( I was actually caught wiping my eyes as I sat in the supermarket car park waiting to pick up a friend).
This is one of these romances written from the heart, full of the wisdom of experience, and as such is timeless. Oh yes – and there’s a cherry on the top - the descriptions of the wild northern landscape of the Yukon. Beautiful.
Now I’m wondering which one to buy next...
on 6 October 2014
This is the first book that I have read by Bobby and what a great book it was. You could almost feel the weather. It was a pleasure to read a free book that had been edited well. A real delight not having to insert missing words paragrafts etc. Thankyou Bobby.