£28.78 + FREE UK delivery
In stock. Sold by DIY & Homewares
Quantity:1
Add to Basket
or
Sign in to turn on 1-Click ordering.

Have one to sell? Sell on Amazon

Image Unavailable

Image not available for
Colour:
  • Sorry, this item is not available in
  • Image not available
      

Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm

by KIDDE

RRP: £29.98
Price: £28.78
You Save: £1.20 (4%)
Only 6 left in stock.
Dispatched from and sold by DIY & Homewares.
  • Loud 85dB alarm
  • End-of-life warning signal
  • Approved to BSI (EN50291)
  • Digital displays
  • Easy to install
See more product details

There is a newer model of this item:



Special Offers and Product Promotions


Product Information

Technical Details
Part Number KID0146UK
Item Weight358 g
Product Dimensions15.4 x 14.6 x 5.8 cm
Item model numberKID0146UK
  
Additional Information
ASINB0016Z6KNY
Best Sellers Rank 46,566 in DIY & Tools (See top 100)
Shipping Weight358 g
Delivery Destinations:Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Date First Available31 Mar 2008
  
Feedback
 

Product Description

Manufacturer's Description

The Kidde 0146UK is a battery-operated carbon monoxide (CO) alarm and uses the patented Nighthawk electrochemical CO sensor to help protect you and your family from the dangers of CO.

This Kidde 0146UK is easy to install, and the 0146s backlit digital display shows CO levels in parts per million and updates every 15 seconds. When the Kidde 0146UK is operating properly and hazardous CO levels are not detected, its green LED flashes every 30 seconds.

In a CO emergency, the red LED pulses and an 85 db horn sounds at specific intervals until the CO threat is eliminated. Because its powered by AA batteries.

The Kidde 0146UK is able to provide continuous monitoring of CO levels, even during power outages. Also the Kidde 0146UK has an alarm that tells you when the batteries need to be replaced.

For peace of mind, a test / reset button allows you to test that alarm is functioning properly. Plus a peak-level memory keeps track of the maximum CO level detected between resets. The 0146UK is covered with a five-year manufacturers limited warranty and replacement is recommended after seven years.

Box Contains

  • 1 x Kidde 0146UK Carbon Monoxide Alarm


  • Customer Questions & Answers

    Customer Reviews

    4.4 out of 5 stars
    Share your thoughts with other customers

    Most Helpful Customer Reviews

    54 of 55 people found the following review helpful By M. J. Kempton on 4 April 2009
    Verified Purchase
    Well designed and seems to be accurate. My family have suffered the symptoms of low level carbon monoxide poisoning for several weeks or even months and our GP and various specialists had no idea what it was. I even had an MRI scan to find out what was going on. I advise looking up the symptoms - dizziness, headaches, flu-like symptoms but with no temperature - and if they apply to you buy one of these alarms and get your boiler serviced. Ours is only 3 years old but had a leaking seal that the previous serviceman had missed. You have been warned!
    Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
    Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
    40 of 41 people found the following review helpful By Clive on 29 Jan 2009
    A good alarm. The peak level indicator is a good feature - it allows you to keep a check on levels which might not be high enough or long enough to set the alarm off. My highest reading has been 32 and the alarm would activate at 30 if it had been at that level for 2 hours.
    Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
    Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
    38 of 39 people found the following review helpful By Les in Fleet on 29 April 2009
    Good value and delivered promptly. After a few days I was concerned it stayed at exactly 0 ppm on the display even when I took it near the old gas fire. So I took it out to the garage and as soon as I started the motorbike, the alarm went beserk!. It certainly works and the alarm is loud.
    Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
    Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
    14 of 14 people found the following review helpful By M. A. Fieldsend on 25 July 2009
    Does exactly what it is required to do. It was easy to install with clear instructions. I am glad we purchased this model as you get peace of mind with a constant readout of levels frequently updated. (By the way the screws and wall plugs are tucked away in the battery compartment which I found after I had fixed the bracket to the wall)!
    Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
    Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
    14 of 14 people found the following review helpful By John Mackay on 19 Jun 2009
    Verified Purchase
    Tested on arrival on a gas fire which we suspected to be faulty and the alarm worked at once - and gave a level reading of course. Remedial work will now be carried out of course....
    Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
    Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
    11 of 11 people found the following review helpful By D. B. Bevan on 8 Jan 2010
    Verified Purchase
    As is the case with another reviewer, I bought this alarm to improve safety at home and any monitor needs to be reliable.
    Unfortunately, after three weeks, the alarm started to go off randomly, including the middle of the night. It's a loud alarm. But it keeps on going off randomly, and the only way to stop it is to take the batteries out. I'm returning it. You have to have 100% trust in these, or there's no point having one. It only showed a 999 error message (once the batteries had been removed, and then re-inserted, the reading went back to 0 and would remain so for days)on the screen, there was no boiler or appliance running at this point, and the reset button would not work.
    Don't buy one, and if you do, keep the receipt and the company contact info.
    4 Comments Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
    Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
    9 of 9 people found the following review helpful By Mr. P. Kolanis on 18 July 2009
    Verified Purchase
    I found the product to be sound and robust and easy to mount. I feel safer having this present and, moreover, I preferred (for my own personal taste) a separate dedicated carbon-monoxide alarm and a separate smoke alarm, as if the battery should expire or fail, both machines will not be knocked out simultaneouly. Amazon was expeditious with their delivery. Good purchase and happy with it.
    Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
    Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
    8 of 8 people found the following review helpful By D. G. Hellier on 18 Oct 2009
    CARBON MONOXIDE is an invisible, odourless, tasteless gas which is produced when fuels such as natural gas, LPG and solid fuels do not burn completely. This can be caused where heating appliances are used where insufficient ventilation exists, such as a central heating boiler has a blocked flue, for example. This gas is extremely dangerous, and can cause nausea, dizziness, lethargy, 'flu-like symptoms, and death. Due to the nature of this gas, it is important to protect yourself, your family and your pets against it. This particular model of detector has a loud, shrill alarm which will activate should the level of carbon monoxide in your home or workplace reaches a dangerous level, and has a life of around seven years, although batteries will need changing within this period. To obtain maximum benefit from this device, once you have received it, consult a qualified gas engineer (a Gas Safe Registered Installer in England, Scotland and Wales; other countries will differ), who will advise you of the best location to install it in your home or workplace.
    Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
    Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

    Most Recent Customer Reviews

    Search