on 10 December 2008
I bought this because the cost from the well known drain clearance companies were in excess of £110 just for what I knew would be a couple of minutes job. I have a small (smallest you can get)Karcher so I was wondering if it would be powerfull enough. Received the hose in a couple of days in good condition and set it up. Well what can I say turned the Karcher on and this thing shot along the drain sewage pipe like the proverbial bat out of hell and cleared the blockage in about 3 seconds. So saved myself £70 after paying for the hose and I have have a back up if the Rods dont work the next time. Even if you purchase the hose and a Karcher you are still quids in ( I hate being robbed blind for a quick job) and have something you can use for other things like jet washing back yard or washing car etc
22 comments|142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 April 2010
Karcher 7.5M Drain Cleaning KitThe drain from our kitchen has regularly been blocked with grease etc and in the past I have had to resort to chemical products. They work but don't clear all the sludge away and six months later I'm back with the soda crystals. The sink outlet reaches the main drain pipe via a 90 degree joint (or something not much less) and after reading some reviewers' comments about the Karcher's inability to get around bends I seriously wondered whether it would sort out the outlet from the kitchen.

Well it had no difficulty on the straight run to the far end of the main pipe, water pushing up out of the rainwater drain in seconds. Then I tried twisting the tube slightly as I tried to get it to enter the nearest rainwater drain pipe. That worked so well my face got spattered in the process. As that outlet was about four feet nearer than the kitchen outlet and also a fairly sharp bend I reasoned there was a fair chance it would find the kitchen exit. After ten minutes or so of trying different degrees of twist I saw those magic spurts of water emerging from the kitchen drain and great clods of congealed fat appearing in the manhole cavity. A joy to behold!
on 1 September 2011
I had a blocked storm drain that I could not get my rods into (I moved here earlier this year but my neighbour tells me it has been blocked for years)and had considered getting someone in to sort it but when I saw this and read the reviews I thought I would give it a try as my K2.35 model does everything else quite well. The blockage was about a metre in but by pushing the tube up against the blockage and then pulling it back while still running cleared about 10 lbs of accumulated debris back in to the main drain where I could scoop it out and after about 5 or 6 goes it broke through what was left and then fed itself fully into the pipe which is now all clear. Worth buying and has to be cheaper than those dyno people.
on 27 October 2009
Does a good job of clearing blocked drains, provided there aren't double back u bends. The hose wasn't flexible enough to get round a sump, and straighten out the other side. Bit disappointing really. However, I am gald to have it because in all other tasks it has performed well.
on 23 April 2012
As usual this product is of a high standard, typical Karcher product. I thought 7.5M would be plenty for clearing blocked drains, alas no could have done with at least 50% more pipe. It did clear some of the blockage just not all of it.
on 19 August 2010
After trying different chemicals to clear a drain, with no long lasting effect, I stumbled across this online. I actually bought mine direct from karcher. Anyway, after connecting it to my karcher 2.25 sprayer, I fed about 1 metre into the drain where it met an obstruction. I switched on the machine and, I was presented with lumps of white fat. I manually fed the hose into the drain, gradually using the whole 7.5 metres. I could not believe how much fat and debris there was to be found! I then withdrew it and repeated the process two more times and was left with a perfectly free running drain. The whole process took me about 15 minutes. I have to recommend this product.
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2012
These drain cleaning kits really work! Have a shared drain that gets blocked from time to time and I end up (rather squeamishly) helping my neighbour to clear the blockages. Well, the last time we were well and truly stuck with an obstinate blockage that let the drains only trickle. Invested in one of these (but longer) as the next step was going to be expensive call-out fees. Put it in down-stream from the blockage (that's the correct way to do it) and let it feed itself along the drain; fifteen seconds later we had Niagara falls gushing past us! Wow. Cleaned it by hosing it down as it was withdrawn from drain and then spraying with dilute bleach (after giving it a pressure-wash in case any "bits" were clinging to it (like I said before: squeamish). I know I've put this review in the 7.5 metre hose length but I would recommend purchasing a longer length.
on 3 August 2010
I have been suffering with a slow flowing drain for nearly 3 months, and in the past 2 weeks it had become completely blocked. I have tried countless drain products, even ones guaranteeing to clear any blockage, but none of them worked. I purchased this product as a last ditch attempt before calling an over-priced plumber, and I am glad I did. I placed the kit in the drain and turned on the pressure washer. As soon as I did, the drain bubbled and the water level dropped instantly. Literally within 5 seconds, the blockage was gone and the drain was free flowing once again. I was amazed to say the least. After 3 months of having trouble with the drain, I wish I had come across the product long before now. The product packaging states that the kit can work in pipes as narrow as 40mm (A normal sized waste pipe from the sink etc.)

Thank you Karcher for this amazing product.
on 11 November 2015
Well, it works on downpipes, but it was a struggle. It's been said in other reviews and I can only repeat - would be far better if there was a forward spray as well as the 4 backward because, when the pipe is blocked in the 45 degree bend between the gutter and the main downpipe, with moss and leaves, it is virtually impossible to get the tube head all of the way through! It did shift some of the blockage but, with it not getting all of the way through, I'm not sure whether it's clear or not - time will tell, but my fingers are crossed!
on 28 October 2010
What a brilliant product. We had severe blocked drains and rather than spend a lot of money with a blocked drain specialist, I ordered the Kaercher drain cleaning kit. It worked brilliantly, flushing out a couple of dead baby rats from the drains as well as years of caked detergent and fat. I could not recommend it more highly.