Just a warning for trophy collectors.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Oct 2011 15:01:38 BDT
Shadow of the colossus:
Because of the increase in performance your grip drains a lot lot faster in this version (apparently due to the constant frame rates) so the game, specifically hard time trails are almost impossible to beat in the current state.

Ico:
There is a trophy for beating the game in under 2 hours, the current best time is a little under 20 minutes under that but that time used some time skips, another nearly impossible trophy.

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 16:17:50 BDT
Dr Evil says:
Who's current best time is 1:40?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2011 08:01:31 BDT
I've never seen the point of trophies in these computer games. Don't get it at all!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2011 18:43:13 BDT
They're good for re-playability. You can use trophies as markers for improving your achievements. That's how I use them. Others might use them for a "mine is bigger than yours" peeing contest, and post their achievements on forums etc, but you don't have to use them like that.

Posted on 21 Nov 2011 20:53:05 GMT
I've been gaming for over fifteen years and beating colossus 3 on hard time attack is probably THE most difficult gaming challenge I've ever had. Anyone aiming for the platinum has my sympathies.

Posted on 21 Nov 2011 20:57:05 GMT
Seriously... don't torture yourself, mate. A few people have related the theory to me that several trophies in the Ico collection are actually impossible, owing to the increased frame rate or something. One had entered into a dialogue with the people at Sony, but I don't know what came of it. I don't know where there is a list of high achievers, but I'm sure I read that someone saw it and no one had the platinum. Which would support the impossible trophy theory.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2011 02:31:57 GMT
was that the guy with the big sword>i cant remember, what i do remember was launching off the giant sword onto his head. check youtube :) looking forward to having a go myself

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 15:42:49 BDT
balder says:
as i recall in shadow of the colossus everytime you complete the game you can reload completed save data and start anew with the exception of retaining your increased grip.the grip gauge increases after defeating a colossus in fact thats the only way you can to get to the secret garden by completing the game multiple times

Posted on 7 Feb 2013 00:23:43 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Feb 2013 00:25:00 GMT
Dark_Eternal says:
Seems like lots of people already have the platinum trophy in SotC now:
http://www.ps3trophies.com/trophy/Shadow-of-the-Colossus/Wander-and-the-Colossus

...Though the difficulty -is- rated as 'brutal'. :D

I recently finished Ico, so I'll be making a start on this soon. :\

Posted on 18 Nov 2013 10:19:00 GMT
G. Dann says:
Completing the Ico speed run in under 2 hours is certainly doable as I've done it. The Colossus #3 hard time attack is unbelievably tough though. It's got me beaten at the moment.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  6 Oct 2011
Latest post:  18 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3)
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3) by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (59)