From Academy Award-winning filmmaker Steven Spielberg, the Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy
is one of the most successful film franchises in worldwide box-office history. On a remote tropical island, an amazing living theme park becomes a game of survival for humans foolhardy enough to set foot on it. Meticulously recreated dinosaurs spring to astonishing life as the film’s breathtaking special effects and thrilling action sequences keep audiences on the edge of their seats. Each chapter of the history-making saga delivers even more action and spectacular visual effects than its predecessor, as nature’s ultimate killing machines once again rule the earth. Almost 20 years after its inception, the Jurassic Park Trilogy
remains an unmatched cinematic experience. Jurassic Park
: A multimillionaire (Richard Attenborough) unveils a new theme park where visitors can observe dinosaurs cloned using advanced DNA technology. But when an employee tampers with the security system, the dinosaurs escape, forcing the visitors to fight for their survival. Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum and Laura Dern star in this thrilling, action-packed blockbuster from acclaimed director Steven Spielberg and based on the novel by Michael Crichton. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
: Four years after Jurassic Park's genetically bred dinosaurs ran amok, multimillionaire John Hammond (Richard Attenborough) shocks chaos theorist Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) by revealing that Hammond has been breeding more beasties at a secret location. Malcolm, his paleontologist ladylove (Julianne Moore) and a wildlife videographer (Vince Vaughn) join an expedition to document the lethal lizards' natural behavior in this action-packed thriller. Jurassic Park III
: In need of funds for research, Dr. Alan Grant (Sam Neill) accepts a large sum of money to accompany Paul and Amanda Kirby (William H. Macy and Tea Leoni) on an aerial tour of the infamous Isla Sorna. It isn't long before all hell breaks loose and the stranded wayfarers must fight for survival as a host of new -- and even more deadly -- dinosaurs try to make snacks of them. Laura Dern, Michael Jeter, Alessandro Nivola and Trevor Morgan co-star.Please note Korean subtitles are available on Jurassic Park and The Lost World but not Jurassic Park 3.Special Features:
• New to Blu-ray - 'Return to Jurassic Park' – this six-part documentary features all-new interviews with the many of the cast members from all three films, the filmmakers and Steven Spielberg.
o Dawn of a New Era
o Making Pre-history
o The Next Step in Evolution
o Finding The Lost World
o Something Survived
o The Third Adventure
• The Making of Jurassic Park
• The Making of The Lost World: Jurassic Park
• The Making of Jurassic Park III
• Steven Spielberg Directs Jurassic Park
• Early Pre-Production Meetings
• The World of Jurassic Park
• The Magic of Industrial Light & Magic
• Location Scouting
• Phil Tippett Animatics: Raptors In The Kitchen
• The Jurassic Park Phenomenon: A Discussion with Author Michael Crichton
• Industrial Light & Magic and Jurassic Park: Before and After The Visual Effects
• Industrial Light & Magic and The Lost World: Jurassic Park Before & After
• The Industrial Light & Magic Press Reel
• A Visit to Industrial Light & Magic
• Hurricane in Kauai Featurette
• Dinosaur Turntables
• The Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park III
• Montana: Finding New Dinosaurs
• Animatics: T-Rex Attack
• The Special Effects of Jurassic Park III
• The Sounds of Jurassic Park III
• The Art of Jurassic Park III
• Tour of Stan Winston Studio
• Feature Commentary with Special Effects Team
• Production Archives: Storyboards, Models, Photographs, Design Sketches and Conceptual Drawings
• Deleted Scenes
• Theatrical Trailers
It may have been over ten years since Michael Crichton and Steven Spielbergs dinosaurs first trampled all over the global box office, and its sequels may have failed to fully match the standards set by the original. Yet the Jurassic Park Trilogy: Ultimate Edition
still brings together a wildly entertaining trio of films, in a very welcome DVD collection.
The basics by now are well known. Eccentric billionaire John Hammond employs scientists to bring dinosaurs back to life, with fairly impressive results. Not everything goes to plan, though, and when his dinosaur-ravaged theme park eventually goes amok in the original Jurassic Park, its a proper blockbuster rollercoaster ride, whose influence is still being felt in big budget Hollywood movies today.
The Lost World moves the action to Site B, a mysterious location where much of the behind-the-scenes work was done for the creation of the original theme park. That makes it extra dangerous, and again, is a fine excuse for some excellent set pieces. Its arguably the weakest of the three films, and its certainly the flabbiest, but it still entertains, and entertains well.
Spielberg handed the directors chair over to Jumanji helmer Joe Johnston for the third film, and it proved a wise decision. Johnston keeps his running time brief, cutting out much of the back-story to focus on the lizard-based action. And save for a fairly sudden finale, he delivers the trademark Jurassic Park tension and rampaging action in spades.
In short, the Jurassic Park Trilogy: Ultimate Edition is a fitting testament to a trio of blockbuster movies, that are at worst entertaining, and at best, rip-roaring, high concept, big-budget movie making of real quality. Recommended.--Simon Brew
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.