Format: Vinyl|Change

on 27 September 2014
Stunning. Heard Jungle on Jools and immediately bought the album. There is not an iffy track on the whole album; I like them all very much. But for me, the best track is "Julia". Forget your standard plastic synth sounds, these people know how to de-tune oscillators and produce rich, warm deep sounds in a way I haven't heard since the Thomson Twins' Joe Leeway. And the chords.... lovely ethereal chords to delight ear and soul. Well done, Jungle!
on 14 July 2014
a great dance funk 70s new York mix .unusually mixed but hypnotic tunes.sounds absolutely original been anticipating this release but nearly worn the disk with repeat plays.i know in 10 years time I will still be playing this timeless epic. well done jungle one band that I hope is in for the duration
on 23 November 2014
Heard the band play on Jools Holland, like some other reviewers here, and was hooked. That evening I found myself playing with my iPad to find other tracks from the album, and the band's website had some great videos to go along with the tracks, which reminded me of a funky modern dance version of the Bee Gees combined with Curtis Mayfield. The CD is now a permanent fixture in my car, and no duff tracks in here, with my favourites being Time and Too Busy Earnin'

Buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on 5 July 2015
Heard Jungle at Glastonbury on Saturday 27th June. Didn't know anything about them. Really liked the music, just brought the album on Amazon have not stopped playing it in the car since. I like every single track, As other people have said one of the best tracks is Julia. I would recommend this album to anyone who likes to discover new music, something a bit different.
on 14 August 2014
Saw them at Glastonbury - the album lived up to their stage performance - great album, great funk n soul.
on 21 July 2014
Funk, though which genre, I am not particularly sure. Not that that matters - Jungle offer a resoundingly fresh take from a band with attitude. A debut album is a tough venture - the band's stamp has to be clear and yet it can't be too repetitive. While there's certainly a clear theme running through these tracks, each is sufficiently distinctive that their breadth as performers is very apparent and I'm sure that their future has been guaranteed if they wish to cultivate it.

Personally, I wouldn't call this Dance Funk, as one reviewer suggests (though Crumbler does have that potential). The lyrics are less dominant than the music and, frankly, could evolve a little more complexity but, at least, we're spared the pointlessly explicit of the 90s+, a good indication that this is a band firmly rooted in contemporary society and new social norms, even if its musical cadence is a little earlier.

They feel to me to be redefining the genre - lacking the distortions of Afrika Bambaataa, avoiding the geekiness of Kraftwerk, dropping the bass beat of Herbie Hancock and the Headhunters, and the cacophony that was Miles Davis and musique concrete. But you can't define a genre by the absence of other features - or can you? Is this stripped down funk, stripped down to real music?

Whatever, they are going places and taking a world with them - grab a piece of future history!
on 31 July 2014
Bought this after catching them at Glastonbury ,reminds me of the Acid Jazz days.
on 15 July 2014
Electronic soul, finger clickin' good. Summer listening that will become autumn listening that will become...
on 27 November 2014
I bought this on behalf of my Father. He loves it but personally I don't :p
on 26 November 2015
Love love LOVE this album, definitely one worth having on vinyl.
Have seen Jungle three times live and they have never failed to leave me feeling happy! They are just so different from anyone else around nowadays.
I don't see how anyone could not like their music. Can't wait for their next album!