on 21 June 2014
I am a big fan of all the Jumpstart books and use them frequently in my lessons. Having waited fifteen months for the book to arrive after I preordered, I was delighted to see how thick this book is. The book is, at a glance, three times the thickness of the Jumpstart Literacy book and is split into useful sections to make it easier when needing to focus on particular SPaG areas in lessons.

I would really recommend this book.
on 14 June 2014
I am a Y5/6 teacher and can see this little gem of a book is going to be very useful. As well as some excellent and succinct explanations of various grammar points (in line with the 2014 curriculum, as far as I can see) there are plenty of fabulous games and activities to help the children develop their own understanding.
Another gem from these two excellent authors, that follows in the footsteps of Jumpstart Literacy.
on 27 December 2014
I use this every day with my Lower KS2 class. A good reference point for setting interesting homework challenges too.
on 29 December 2014
Great for bringing grammar to life and teaching it so that children make the connection that they're learning about grammar in order to improve their writing.
on 14 June 2014
I honestly can't wait to start planning my lessons using this. Loads of great games and well worth the money
on 22 December 2014
Full of helpful ideas and useful definitions. If you aren't quite sure what a definer is this book explains it.
on 21 January 2016
Great ideas in this with explanations of how to explain different aspects of grammar to children and how to build up and secure the understanding. Pie Corbett is fantastic!
on 14 February 2016
Great source of fun grammar activities. It contains all the rules needed to teach grammar effectively. Use it regularly. Children love it.
on 7 November 2015
This is an amazing book, perfect for my starters. The children really get involved with the games, really has chnaged the way I teach.
on 28 August 2015
Excellent resource packed full of ideas and activities. No teacher should be without it given the new curriculum's focus on grammar.