on 21 June 2014
I am a big fan of all the Jumpstart books and use them frequently in my lessons. Having waited fifteen months for the book to arrive after I preordered, I was delighted to see how thick this book is. The book is, at a glance, three times the thickness of the Jumpstart Literacy book and is split into useful sections to make it easier when needing to focus on particular SPaG areas in lessons.

I would really recommend this book.
on 14 June 2014
I am a Y5/6 teacher and can see this little gem of a book is going to be very useful. As well as some excellent and succinct explanations of various grammar points (in line with the 2014 curriculum, as far as I can see) there are plenty of fabulous games and activities to help the children develop their own understanding.
Another gem from these two excellent authors, that follows in the footsteps of Jumpstart Literacy.
on 27 December 2014
I use this every day with my Lower KS2 class. A good reference point for setting interesting homework challenges too.
on 29 December 2014
Great for bringing grammar to life and teaching it so that children make the connection that they're learning about grammar in order to improve their writing.
on 23 June 2014
Really great little book - loads of ideas for activities and starters. I'm just starting my NQT year in September so it's fantastic for me, but the book is so comprehensive, covering every aspect of grammar, I think any teacher would find this useful. I've also purchased Jumpstart Poetry and Jumpstart Literacy, both co-written by Pie Corbett, and they're of a similar high quality. Am confident I'll keep on coming back to these books. A Pie Corbett idea from Jumpstart Poetry got me my new teaching post :)
on 14 June 2014
I honestly can't wait to start planning my lessons using this. Loads of great games and well worth the money
on 27 August 2014
I have had other jumpstart books and always find them useful for injecting some new ideas into my teaching. I particularly liked the poetry one. This one does not disappoint. Am looking forward to trying some of the ideas in an attempt to liven up what can be at times a little bit of a dull subject. Thank you to the authors for a bit of inspiration.
on 22 December 2014
Full of helpful ideas and useful definitions. If you aren't quite sure what a definer is this book explains it.
on 9 June 2014
I have on other Pie Corbett book, and like this one it's practical, accessible and fun. The ideas are all very sound, helpful approaches. It's well laid out and a very user friendly approach.

Fine teaching material and very helpful for parents, so I would strongly recommend this.

Feel like something left of centre, maybe even a big pile of awesome? Try Sherlock Holmes and the Flying Zombie Death Monkeys, a hilarious, inventive cross genre parody. A real success, the best crossover mash up out there.
on 1 October 2014
As a primary school teacher I have found this book invaluable. Really engaging activities and games that are so easy to set up and implement, unlike other books where you need to photocopy or have extra resources. Would highly recommend this book to any teacher looking for great grammar activities.