his is a review of the illustrated edition of this book. Earlier this year I read the Movie tie-in Edition of this book. I enjoyed the story but found it wanting because the illustrations by Peter H. Reynolds add so much to the story. It was an absolute pleasure to re-read the story, and this time have the wonderful illustrations.

Judy Moody has come up with a super plan, a super duper cool plan for the T.P. Club to have an awesome amazing summer. They will compete for thrill points. The day she announces her plan she finds out that three of her closest friends will be away for the summer and Judy moody ends up in a mood, not a good mood, a bad mood, and it just keeps getting worse as thing after thing goes wrong and spoils her plans.

The chapters are:
Frankenscreamer
Code Bigfoot
The Chase Is On
Thrill-a-delic

This book was an amazing read. I love the series and how Peter and Megan capture family life. These books can be enjoyed by the whole family. I can only hope we see many more Judy or Stink Moody books in the years to come.
This is a review of the movie tie-in edition of this book. It was released with the movie. This spring they will be releasing a standard edition with illustrations by Peter H. Reynolds. I can say having read 4 books so far, in either the Judy Moody or Stink Moody series, I missed the illustrations. The sketches and drawings by Reynolds really add to the story. With this edition, just having still photos from the movie it seemed like something was missing as I read the book. The story by Megan McDonald was still great, but the team of McDonald and Reynolds is amazing. I am already planning on reading the standard edition when it comes out just so I can read it with the illustrations. That being said, it was still a fun read and a great story.

In this adventure, Judy Moody has planned the perfect summer for herself and her friends. They will have a challenge to see who can accumulate the most points as the ultimate way to have a NOT bummer summer. They can earn thrill points, dare points, and bonus points by doing various activities. But Judy did not know that Rocky was going to Circus camp and Amy going to Borneo. Her plans for the summer seem to evaporate. But the kids come up with a work around where they will each do challenges separately and share what they did and how many points they got.

The chapters are:
Frankenscreamer
Code Bigfoot
The Chase Is On
Thrill-a-delic

But soon even that seems to slip out of Judy's grasp as her parents need to fly across the country to help her grandparents. She is stuck at home with no travel, and an Aunt she doesn't know. Can her summer get any worse? Her younger brother Stink has joined a Big foot Club and is trying to capture Big Foot as there have been numerous sightings in town. So you have to read to find out if Judy can find a way to have a NOT bummer summer, or will she hide out in her room until school starts again, and also to find out more about Stink and Bigfoot. This is a great story in an awesome series. These books each stand apart so you can read them in any order. So if you haven't read a Judy Moody book, give this one a try, and if you have I know you will love it.
on 5 October 2015
I bought this for my niece who has all the other books in this series. I was very pleased with the condition of this book because even though it was second hand it looks like new. The publication is American rather than British but it makes no difference to the rest of my niece's collection. A good story with all the usual Judy Moody flare and attitude.
on 14 March 2014
What fantastic books these are!
A neighbour kindly gave my daughter two Judy Moody books when she was 6 years old & she was hooked straight away. My elder daughter adores Nancy Drew & the great thing is so does Judy Moody, so it will be a great progression.
Several books in the series, all well worth getting.
on 13 August 2011
Great, but short, that's why I haven't given it 5.
Story was good and very funny and as a big Judy Moody fan (I even have the doll)! I loved this!

Can't wait for the film, hope it comes out in the UK!
on 26 October 2015
This book was amazing and funny I have seen the film and both are very similar unlike some other books and films th judy Moody books are really good also because they are funny unlike some books were it does t make u smile of laugh😜😂
on 25 February 2013
Gave me ideas of what to do in the summer holidays. It shows us kids that there's always something to do in the summer holidays.
on 21 December 2012
Exciting and easy to read. Full of fun things and exciting characters. I would like all of the other books in the series.
on 26 September 2012
This book is th latest book that I have finished. But I have one thing to say and that is,
"Go Judy Moody!"
on 16 October 2013
It was good
Read when bored really helps little kids improve their reading skills aged 5 - 100 better than ever