on 12 March 2012
The kitchen tools I like, so far there seems to be one tool for each of my requirements. However, the carousel is beyond useless. Surely it should have some testing before it's released to market.

The carousel looks the part and the tools look good on the carousel but if a tool or carousel encounters a minor glance or knock one or more of the tools fall from the carousel. A VERY poor design that I'm sure my 5yr old could have bettered. Not what I've come to expect from Joseph Joseph.
on 4 June 2012
...beware! Lets be honest £40 for utensils is a little extravegant however, they look lovely in my kitchen until I did three important things

1.Move the carousel. The utensils don't stay on it, knock one ladle slightly and all they all fall off. VERY ANNOYING.

2.They are not heat proof! I have a few melted bits on coloured parts of the handles. This I find simply ridiculous.

3.Don't use them to stir anything with turmeric or colours in it as they stain! The very reason I wanted black ones was so they wouldn't do this.

All in all, buy yourself some cheaper ones as they will do the same but not look as good. OR buy these if you have no intention on actually using them.

Nice to look at, not cook with.
44 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2011
Treated myself to this product with some birthday money. Very colourful and cheerful in my kitchen. Unfortunately I was a little disappointed with performance. One utensil already has a melted area from touching the edge of my frying pan. I would expect more heat resistance from an expensive product like this!
on 21 September 2012
I was bought this gift set as a present, and have been very pleased with it. It includes a nice selection of different utensils, which are weighted nicely so that the end doesn't touch the work surface - making them very tidy to work with.

Personally I don't use plastic utensils if there is a chance of melting, so haven't had a problem with them melting, and none of mine have discoloured - I just use them carefully.

The one problem is that they don't stay on the carousel very well, which is a shame because they look lovely on the side - if only the carousel hooks were slightly longer.

On the whole though I am very pleased with this product, and have since bought lots of other JosephJoseph products.
on 7 February 2012
The utensils look really bright and modern. I was extremely pleased with my purchase when they arrived. I have now used them for 1month and so can give a better assessment. They still look as good as new and I have had no problems with them being stained or damaged through cooking or dishwasher use. The little stand on their handles is a good gimmick. I personally wouldn't lie wet or dirty utensils directly on my worktop anyway and so this stand hasn't made any difference to me. The main negative point is that the utensils aren't actually very practical for every day use. Three or four of the utensils I have stopped using and have instead started to reuse my old set. For example, the Joseph ladle, spoon and perforated spoon are not very big and much smaller than my old, standard sized set. Also, there is a small spatula which I can't imagine ever using. Basically, my old set which I consider to be of a standard size and design, is much more practical in use. So, in my eyes it is a simple choice between style or substance. In hindsight i would have chosen another set. I strongly recommend that you view the product in a shop before buying it on line so that you can make your own mind up.
on 27 March 2014
I bought these as I'm trying to brighten up my kitchen a bit. The elevate handles are great for sticking them down on the side and not having to worry about it.
I use the solid and slotted spoon daily, they've been going in the dishwasher for months now with no problems. Unlike other people I've also had no problems with them on the stand, it's seems sturdy enough.

The downside of them is that you can't leave them in the pan leaving against the side, I managed to melt the handle of one slightly.
The ladle can also be a bit messy because the shape means that the liquid ends up running down to the handle sometimes.
on 17 May 2014
This item looks great at first.

We have used these for quite awhile now. They drop off from the carousel very easily, they do not balance well on pans as they are top heavy and they stain easily.

The handle part easily melts yet you cannot use the part that is intended for the heat as it falls off the pan!

Not worth the money!
Very nice set of 6 kitchen utensil set with lovely stand so they don't fall off the counter and roll on the floor. I love the colours of them and they are lovely and bright. You can rotate the stand. All the utensils you will need to use for cooking with and works well with le crueset pots.
on 8 March 2015
They look great in the pictures, and to be fair they look great when you first set them out. However, they hang very precariously from the carousel - the slightest touch will knock at least one utensil off. The rubber handles are really not in the least bit heat proof - rest them on the side of a pan for even an instant and they melt. Worse than that, the utensils themselves are not particularly heat proof - one melted the first time I used it in a hot frying pan. As other reviewers have noted, they also absorb food colours such as turmeric. All-in-all, they're not worth the price.
on 17 February 2012
I love the look of this set. The colours are great and it looks funky.
But, in use they have problems. The carousel is on my kitchen worktop and the slightest touch makes at least 2 of the utensils fall off.
Also, when the spoon is in a saucepan, if you lift the pan from cooker to plate, the spoon flips up as the handle is weighted. So I got sweet and sour sauce flying up in the air and the spoon backward somersaulted to the floor. Also as another reviewer mentioned, they stain. Curry especially makes them take on a brown tinge.Not a total waste of £40 but a regrettable one.