on 13 December 2008
What I liked about this collection (as well as the more competitive price of the boxed set) is that it is Le Carre himself doing the reading. There is also a good spread of Le Carre's works from the classic 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' (3 CDs, 2.5 hours) to the more recent Single and Single (6 hours, 6 CDs) (which incidentally I would say is the weaker of the three) and Our Game (6 hours, 6 CDs). Assuming of course you are a Le Carre fan, this is a good buy.
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2012
I have bought the cd's as a birthday gift and was told after the individual opened his gift (I was not present at the time) that one of the cd's was scratched.
on 27 September 2010
I'm sure that if this collection had been read by someone other than the author, they might have been more interesting. I appreciate that JlC is an accomplished author, but narrator he is not, in my opinion.