I bought this for my 12 year old daughter, who is a devoted chocoholic. :D
At first I was worried when I discovered it's made out of regular plastic, but I must say that it seems to be very good quality. My daughter loves it. I think it's also because she's older and can fill the small container with hot water herself for the chocolate to melt. It so much less mess than when we used to melt it over the stove or in various dishes in the microwave oven. This makes it very simple and tidy.
You really need to follow the instructions though and make sure you don't leave the chocolate in the fridge/freezer for too long, or you won't be able to add the lolly stick to it or print the message on it.(from personal experience)
Overall, very good product, fun and easy to use (small children will need lots of supervision)and you can use any chocolate, we used Cadbury, but any good brand will do.This is advantage compare to the other chocolate makers, where mostly you can use only cheap chocolate for some reason.
FOR FIRST TIME USERS I would advise to melt the chocolate properly until it's almost liquid, so you can then pour it easily in the mould and smooth it on the top, or else it looks quite messy and uneven and it would be then hard to add a message to it. (When the chocolate is too thick it's obviously very hard to spread).