on 6 April 2016
So what the GorillaPod does it does well. Design is sturdy and you feel confident that it will not fall apart after a few uses. Everybody knows what to expect from this kit so I won't go over the obvious features. For me there is a minor drawback and this is that this magnetic version is more gimmick than useful. The magnets are way to weak to provide you with any confidence (unlike the arms themselves which are more than up to the job). I've tried it on a slew of metallic surfaces and whilst there is undeniably so sort of pull, it's just not enough for me to trust it with my GoPro.
Advice to potential buyers is you're better off going with the vanilla Pod than expecting wonders from the magnets used on this.
VINE VOICEon 4 February 2015
Got this Gorilla Pod to go with my new Sony RX100 M3 camera and I haven't been dissappointed. I already knew that Gorilla Pod's were great, allowing you stabilise the camera for self-portraits and long exposure shots in any number of places. But the addition of super strong magnets in the end of the feet give it an extra dimension. The super strong magnets make it simple to secure your camera to any number of spots (metal posts, door of the fridge, radiators etc.) and you can be very sure that it will hold the weight.

In addition the tripod attaches to a an attachment that screws into the bottom of the camera that easily locks and unlocks so that you can install and remove the tripod with ease. Highly recommended.
on 21 February 2016
Joby's are great.

This small one specifically is very practical with it's magnetic end points. With a GoPro strapped on it can hang horizontally off a metal locker - which is very helpful when doing time lapses and other extraordinary shots.
on 29 April 2014
This is the second GorillaPod I own after buying a larger one for my DSLR. This tripod is great for compact cameras or bridge cameras I occasionally use. I also use this on other devices too like my portable audio recorder.

As ever with this brand, this is a really good quality product. It doesn't slip out of position with a camera mounted on it and I feel confident that it won't fall or topple over when I'm using it. Great value for money.
on 21 December 2015
I've used mine for camera, camcorder and audio recorder. Neat, lightweight, versatile. I'd hesitate to trust the magnets with expensive kit, but it could give extra stability on a sloping surface, like using a camera self-timer on a car panel.
on 16 January 2015
I do love this fine piece piece of kit ,it certainly does what the detailed description says.you can wind the legs around bars ,
attache it to almost anything camera fits well,the legs do have the strength to carry a camera with the leg feet magnetic
a very good buy
on 19 January 2016
Phenomenal. Use it more or less every time I use my camera. It's excellent for sticking to lamposts etc... I also use it when I'm taking a lot of shots walking around. I wrap the legs around my hands. It makes for easy access, and it provides a stable base for shake free pics. I use it with a Sony RX100.
on 3 June 2014
This is a good mini tripod for a small camera - the compact variety. I doubt it would take a larger camera and if you need crisp shots then you should use a weighty larger tripod with counterweight. But for slipping into a (large) pocket for carrying around it is great.
on 2 January 2014
This bit of kit is very light weight and provides an excellent solution to holding a compact camera for taking selfies. The magnetic feet are surprisingly strong and the legs wrap around all sorts of objects to create a steady platform for the camera. Only slight negative is the attachment to the camera which could get lost if not looked after.
on 29 June 2015
This product had great build quality item (I'm an engineer, I'm picky!). Used this on my recent holiday to Bulgaria for 2 weeks. I used this in conjunction with the Joby Grip Tight Mount. This added a whole new dimension and usefulness. Saved my better half some handbag space when going out in the evenings we left the camera at the apartment and used our phones. having had the older model and breaking it(MY FAULT) i purchased this new one with MAGNETS!!!! I was skeptical but a definite upgrade worth the extra money! Great for lamp posts and fencing etc. Top product worth the money!