on 4 April 2005
If, like me, you want something to get you up and moving at 6 O'clock in the morning before work then this is a great DVD. There are 3 different 30 minute routines but each has a good bit of cardio in it to get you going and lots of repetition for those mornings when complex moves are not what you need. Most importantly, and unlike Drop a Dress Size, you dont have to keep stopping for explanations or irritating graphics and music. I mix these routines in with other longer routines, mainly Susan Powter, and I find they're really helping me to keep exercising effectively and regularly even when I'm limited for time.
VINE VOICEon 15 March 2005
This is my second Joanna Hall DVD, and I'm impressed, with all three workouts trying to get your heartbeat up you can't go wrong.
Cardio Can Do - A 30 minute workout, to get the heartbeat up, with different levels of fitness, eithere beginner, indemidiate or advanced. You can also drop out at 10mins or 20mins if you haven't got time for the whole 30 mins.
Sweat'n'Sculp to sucess - This is a 30minute workout which BRINGS BACK YOUR WAIST withought gettting on the floor and doing those boring sit ups that you have to do. Also you work your thighs and bums, in between you keep your heartburnign by doing a 30 second march/jog. This a great workout it has a similar format to 'Metabolism workout' that was on Drop a dress size for life. If you liked that format your'll love this.
Cardio Yoga- you may never think your'll hear those words together, cardio and yoga together. i've never done yoga, and this is a great way to introduce yourself to the world or yoga, pilates and stretches. It certainly gets your heart beating, withough jumping about. It's very enjoyable to do. expecially in the morning, and also when you are experiencing any period pains.
In all this DVD is excellent and will certainly do what is says of the front, as long as you put the effort in aswell.
A must have!!
on 12 June 2006
this was the first ever exercise dvd i bought and found it fantastic! i was going to do it for the full 28 days but became ill after 2 weeks. in those 2 weeks though, i lost 10 inches from all over my body including 3 inches on my theighs! (i was also doing alot of walking as well) thought id have to do more than a half hour session on week days to lose that amount so i was over the moon!

i bought other dvds since then by theyre simply not up to joannas standard.

im back on this dvd now and would recommend this to anyone without a doubt! infact i recommend it to anyone prepared to listen!!!
on 26 March 2007
I consider myself fit and recently went on a bit of an 'over drive' to really peak my fitness! I'd bought a few fitness DVD's over the years, mostly of which was viewed whilst sat down on the sofa! Have to admit to Joanna being one of a very few that I really enjoy. She has a great personality, and I do find myself smiling at her and nodding (not usually something I engage in!). She is very motivating and what I particularly like is at the end of each section she talks through how to get the best out of it, with general hints and tips..

There are two assistants, one of which shows the 'beginners pace' and the other 'advanced' I now do 75% of the advanced and feel like I'm getting a great workout. If you had the time you could do all 3 workouts, which would take an hour and a half and it would be great but personally I think a high impact approach to any 3 half hour slots is spot on.

The music is ok too and not overly annoying at all - Joanna also has a pleasant voice and explains each move well.

Been doing it for 3 weeks and feel great and will continue to do so.

If you are looking to be motivated, get and stay fit and not be wound up by scantily dressed tanned dancers then this is for you - very worthwhile indeed.
on 19 January 2005
Very good effort by Joanna Hall. The workouts are easy to follow, possible modifications are clearly shown, the ladies in the background do not look super-skinny. Joanna has a pleasant voice and an encouraging attitude, and, what is even more important, makes sure that you get enough clues to perform the exercises in a safe way. I'll be definitely looking forward to her future offerings.
on 1 March 2007
this is the 6th fitness dvd i have bought and it is by far the best and has left the others sitting on my shelf gathering dust. it is broken down into 3x 1/2 hour workouts (cardio, sweat & sculpt and a yoga section) the cardio section is broken down into 10 and 20 minute sections if you are strapped for time so it is very easy to make sure you are doing at least something, and feeling good about sticking to it. I have been doing this dvd 5 times a week for 6 weeks now and it is the longest i have ever stuck at any fitness regime. Joanna is really motivational and makes you feel great! buy it!
on 3 April 2013
The second routine in this collection (Sweat'n'Sculp to Success) is my favourite exercise routine ever, with loads of great waist bends. It feels like it starts to make a difference very quickly. Joanna Hall is a really encouraging presenter and it's a shame she hasn't made more DVDs. I'm not convinced about the Cardio Yoga though.
on 3 March 2015
Excellent DVD, 3 30 minute sections to the DVD, cardio, cardio toning and yoga and you can opt out of each section at 10 or 20 minutes if you are short of time. I like Joanna Hall, she is very motivating and not in the least bit annoying. She is also good at giving safety advice during each exercise which many trainers don't. I also like that there are another 2 people in the background showing beginners and more advanced moves so you can progress. No complex moves so good for people like me with no co-ordination. It might not be for the super fit as I'm not sure that they would find it challenging enough but great for beginners and intermediate. I have another 2 of her DVD's and they are also really good.
on 25 January 2007
I used to hate exercising so much. They just seem boring and repetitive, and moreover, I don't feel any change in my body. But this DVD is great! I've only used it a couple times, since I just got it, so I can't really say how long it takes for your body to tell the difference. But this is a great workout DVD because it's not boring, but not too hard either!

What I love the most is how encouraging and pleasant Joanna seems. I find myself smiling and working even harder when she says "you can do it" or "great effort"! Especially helpful are the hints on exactly how to do a certain movement, so you can get the most out of it. I'm really a beginning in self workouts, and I have no problem doing these exercises at all!
on 7 March 2007
I got this DVD free with a magazine I bought. I am relatively fit so I didn't think it would challenge me. I was suprized as it does. The music is specially written for the dvd and is not too bad. The dvd is split into 3 sections of 30 mins each. If you have loads of time you can do all 3 sections and feel like you have had a good work out. I found the last section centred around yoga a bit repetative though. I especially like the bits at the end of each section where Joanna tells us how to get more out of the section. All in all a good fitness DVD and suitable for all levels.