on 25 February 2012
It wasn't what I expected at all!

The general exercises are just like any other exercise dvd with an instructor to mirror the movements of (except it can sense you, so you can't cheat).

The 'exciting' bit where you're running through the Aztec half kills you with running, jumping and squatting but still manages to be boring. It doesn't pick up your moves properly and you get stuck in parts. (death by star jumps).

Also, any information on it is tiny and in a colour you can hardly see. If you just move your right arm slightly the wrong way on the menu it takes you right back to the beginning each time which is really annoying.

Unless you're already fit and fancy a challenge, I really wouldn't buy this. I thought it would be like you're in a game, but the graphics aren't startling.

I've found Dance Central which came with the Kinect to be a lot more fun!
on 12 January 2014
the game has a good concept and works to a degree. It has alot of potential if the publishers actually did some common sense tweaking. Unfortunately the navigating feature is horrible and the tracking in general is even more horrible because half the time it will not recognize the player, nothing more annoying then doing press ups and the game keeps pausing until you re scan yourself which really disturbs the workout and defeats the purpose of the game.
on 4 September 2013
This is a good game and certainly gives you a good workout but it is a bit basic. I thought that Jillian would be doing an interactive workout with me, as with other Kinect fitness games such as Nike training etc. But instead really she just talks you through the exercises and there's not much feedback on how you're doing. There are three different options - single exercise, circuits or fitness adventure. The circuits are good and there are different circuits to choose from or you can make your own. The fitness adventure is quite entertaining - you basically have to run (literally run on the spot) through an adventure wonderland (not too dissmilar to a standard video game) but you have to stop and do different excercises in order to break through doors to get further round the circuit. Only downside is that if you're doing an adventure that contains an excercise your kinect sensor can't pick up properly or that you're not very good at, I think you could be there all day trying to break through the door. At times I'm doing double the amount of reps that I'm meant to just to get through the door. Still, it's a good work out! Probably not the best buy if you only have a small room to play in though as this will affect the kniect sensor's ability to pick you up and thus extend the amount of reps you have to do - you have to do the reps perfectly to get through the doors.
Service wasn't great but I don't think that was the seller's fault. It was dispatched at the right time but despite being 1st class, Royal Mail decided to keep it for nearly a week before delivering it.
on 31 March 2013
Hard to navigate. Had trouble scanning you took forever and sometimes i just gave up after 5 minutes of trying to get it to scan/identify me. Difficulty in selecting. Could never get it to select what i wanted as selection was too sensitive. Don't know about game play, never got that far. After 15 minutes of just trying to log in I gave up and up it on the shelf.
on 2 March 2012
Once you get used to the slowish reaction time of the game, it's great fun. I have managed to burn so much from playing this and the levels really are extremely hard, even at the basic level.

Jillian shows you how to perform the moves before you do them, there must be a way to turn the demo off because its getting annoying having to watch the demo each time before you preform each stage of the warm up.
No cool down section.

You run through a series of mazes and to get over hurdles and across spikes, you need to preform moves, 20 lunges, 30 seconds star jumps, etc... its fun. I am rubbish at lunges so my 7 year old cheated and completed them for me when I was too tired. I was gasping for breath by the end of level 1. You're timed to get through the level, my husband took 5 minutes, my daughter took 6, I shoved them outta the way to show them how it should be done... 15 minutes later.... well, you don't want to know :-)

Not for the faint hearted. I have been following the 30 Day Shred programme since Jan and this really is a huge step up.
My BMI was calculated incorrectly, but I'm not relying on it to record weight loss, Ive just bought it for the 'fun' factor.
on 18 April 2012
This game would be so much fun if they had put a little more work into the tracking ability. What I mean is that if the Kinect doesn't pick up your every movement, it doesn't move on to the next exercise. I can be there doing a zillion lunges and being told "Come on, you can do better than that!" as it doesn't pick me up. I have tried adjusting the Kinect, the tracking on the game itself but nope, think you need a football field or something to play this game. Very disappointing and frustrating as it has the potential to be great. I love the concept but I end up turning it off in frustration as yet again, it cannot capture my movements.
on 17 April 2012
Read reviews on this, and most were not happy with the game. Being Jilian Michaels thought it couldn't be that bad. Unfortunately, it is, which is such a shame!. The concept of the game is good, but built for a 3 year old,but the set up of the game is really hard as the selectors don't work most of the time, so it's frustrating to the point I was going to give up on it before I even gave it a go.

I think I will be trading it in, or it will gather dust in the draw. Save your money, and get the Biggest loser instead, or one of Jilian's dvds, more worth the money you pay, and energy and frustration you use .
on 12 April 2012
This took about half an hour for me to set up my profile. it was just not registering me trying to get into each section.

Once I got started, it acknowledged me running and some cardio work, but forget all floor exercises as it did not register me at all!!!!!!

All in all I managed to compplete about 10mins of actual exercise in about 35mins.

Needless to say this product was returned the very next day!
on 18 November 2012
I just love this keep fit. She makes u work out hard. I don't stop till I finish thr level .
Love the gam
on 24 January 2013
this is one of the hardest games or exercises i have ever done omg you have to be super fit to do this or be prepared not to walk the day after you do this but in general I LOVE IT......well worth the buy and wud reccomend it to anyone :)