This edition is 56 pages plus card covers, with 8 pages of photographs, and with maps and other illustrations in the text. It is No. 58B in the Oakwood Press' Library of Railway History, a reprint of the 1977 second edition from 1986. This volume continues the pagination from volume #56, `The Jersey Railway', with pp91-pp142.
The first section of the line opened in 1873, and it eventually closed in 1929. Buses were introduced to the island in 1923... This booklet is an excellent introduction to the subject, and is illustrated with some very interesting photographs.
The Contents are -
P092: The Jersey Eastern Railway Co. Ltd.
P112: Sentinel Railcars; Passenger Carriages
P114: Goods Traffic; Signals; Permanent Way
P115: Gradients; Accidents
P117: Jersey Eastern Railway Stations
P118: German Occupation Railways in Jersey
P119: The Metre Gauge Lines (3ft 3ins.)
P125: The 60 Centimetres Gauge Lines (1 foot 11¾ ins.) A -West Coast
P128: The 60 Centimetres Gauge Lines (1 foot 11¾ ins.) A -East Coast
P132: Locomotives (a) Metre Gauge
P133: Locomotives (b) 60 Centimetres Gauge; Rolling Stock
P134: Permanent Way; Accidents; Granite Quarries
P135: Passenger Traffic; Finale
P135: St. Catherine's Breakwater, Jersey
P139: Ronez Quarry, Jersey
P140: Author's Note