Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Subscribe and Save Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Jazz Age forum

Jazzified? Really?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Oct 2012 01:16:02 BDT
J. Willson says:
Headline: Ferry finds whole new way to re-release 'The Best of Roxy Music' shock.

"If there was ever a musical icon and a decade destined to come together it is Bryan Ferry and the roaring 20's. The artist - a creative powerhouse, with a dazzling career of endless surprise, delight and innovation; the Decade - a time of turbulent decadence, modernity, mayhem and the era of the bright young things - each driven on by the Thrill Of It All."

Jeepers, that's a bit of a heavy handed way of saying Ferry is now willing to perform his music as an ironic festival support act; possibly supporting The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.

Volume 2 will no doubt also be played out from the speaker of a mobile phone in a toilet and defined as innovation.

Volume 6 Punk

Volume 9 Dubstep

Volume 14 in the style of John Cage's opus 4'33"

Actually while I'm on John Cage, he has a useful quote:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."

And for the sake of balance, I do like what I've heard, but perhaps it's almost not seemly for an artist to do it to their own works this way.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Jazz Age forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  19 Oct 2012
Latest post:  19 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Jazz Age
The Jazz Age by Bryan Ferry (Audio CD - 2012)
4.1 out of 5 stars (224)