Jaybird Bluebuds X Bluetooth In-Ear Earphones Storm White BBX
Price:£139.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 8 September 2014
The units are very good. The rating system does not specify things clearly.

So here the following:

1. Convenience - 5 stars (no cables in the gym, in the office, or taking calls is just great. Can move about with or without the sound unit (phone or computer). The adjusters are a bit fiddly. Luckily I do not need the wing-tips provided to improve connections.

2. Comfort 5 - stars (I prefer in ear to over or on ear as those tend to get hot after a while, even though high end over ears are unbeatable.

3. Sound quality - 4 stars . Their sound quality does not quite match my in ear Sennheiser MM30's but they are very close so I don't mind using them particularly in and around the gym. Well rounded sound and no cable.

But remember what you might be using them for. If I want to sit down and listen to a chamber orchestra in audiophile quality then I would need to think of something else. But if I am sitting in an office or working out I don't want big clunky earphones that may be wired, get uncomfortably warm quickly, or generally move around a bit, they are fantastic. Great (enough) sound and quite balanced. Very good if one considers they actually have to process the sound themselves as well, no additional distortion as far as I can tell and battery life seems to meet specs.

4. Phone use - 5 stars - microphone working perfectly even in over the ear mode where the mic is not ideally located behind the ear. I have not tried the mic in an outdoor or noisy environment however, only my home or office. There I might need to put them on under ear with the mic closer to my mouth.
on 22 July 2014
I have Sennheiser HD600 and Shure E5c, both significantly more expensive headphones. Compared with the Jaybirds, the Bluebuds initially give the impression of overpowering, though pretty clear bass, but then amaze you with a very wide soundstage and a crystal clear top end. The mids may lack a tiny bit, but I would still classify the sound as basically audiophile - very surprising from a pair of earbuds designed for sport!

I may still need to play with the fit, about 20 minutes into a run, they slide around a bit which manifests itself in reduced bass - I push them back in every 5-10 minutes or so. I will try the other fit options to see if this improves things when getting more sweaty - at the gym however I never get sweaty enough for them to slide out.

I watched a movie on the iPad on the train the other day, I felt completely isolated and immersed in the movie. The clarity makes you hear and feel every individual sound effect and bit of dialog and the wireless over the ear and behind the head fit make them completely disappear and you quickly forget you're wearing them.
on 28 December 2014
Had been looking at these headphones for a while mainly for use in the gym which is where they perform best and where you'll truly appreciate their design. Setting them up to fit is pretty quick and easy to understand including use of the cable management clips, it just requires a few tries to work out what combination of ear bud/wing tips work best.

My personal experience with the fit after at least 4 different attempts and uses in the gym has resulted in me ditching the wings and also buying the Comply S-500 Active earphone tips. Having never used wing tips on headphones before it was an experience as I can understand how they work now however they don't offer me much in terms of secure fitting as I like to fit my buds quite deep in my ear canal for a tight fit and noise isolation. The wing tips prevent the buds from going really deep into the ear so if you have deep ear canals this should be an option without affecting their ability to stay in your ear.

The supplied ear buds are more than adequate but I found the one in my right ear seemed to move while running on the treadmill, this was solved by buying the Comply S-500 Active earphone tips which expand inside the ear and are much more comfortable and deliver bass much better than the standard tips. Ultimately the fit is a personal experience and will be different for everyone based on preference and ear/canal shape, the ability to use the Comply 500 range of buds is a nice option to have in case the stock parts don't work for you.

Sound quality is better than any headphones I have used before, audio is clear and max volume is not an issue at all with a good amount of bass. Bluetooth connection is quick and easy to use, have only failed to connect it to my laptop running windows 8 but this is a driver issue with my laptop that I havent looked into fixing yet, connection also works over long distances and means I can leave my phone at the side of the gym when moving around.

Battery life is not as advertised, I would say at most I have managed to get 5 hours use out of them and during the 1 week ive had them I have had to charge twice but the battery will depend on the circumstances of use. I have had volume at near max to drown out loud music which is played in my gym and use them for 1.5 hours each session. Obviously the volume is the main contributor when considering how long a charge will last but the 8 hour claim is quite bold and doesnt explain which volume level is required, they would probably just about manage it on the lowest volume which is unrealistic. Despite this battery life is still impressive considering their size.
on 19 January 2015
Amazing sound quality but quite a few problems. First off I could not for the life of me make these fit in my ear properly. I tried different tips and the "wings" but I still had to push them in every now and then especially when working out but also when just sitting on the tube.

When I used the headphones with 2 devices (ipod and surface pro tablet) and I wanted to change the device, it would not connect unless I removed the headphones from the device list and searched for them again (very annoying).

When I changed the volume up/down a beep noise comes on and stops the music for a few seconds (again annoying but all bluebuds x do that).

Lastly, they completely stopped working out of nowhere. I used them on the tube coming back from work one evening and the next morning they would not turn on. I plugged them in, full battery as I expected (green light came on). I tried turning them on but they just wouldn't do it.

I contacted Amazon for a refund and I'm going to return them in a few days. Too bad as overall they were a good pair of headphones. Good sound quality (could have used a bit more bass but still good), great battery life and extremely portable but they completely stopped working after owning them for a small period of time and always having them in the included case when not using them.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
These are a very good pair of wireless Bluetooth in-ear 'phones. You can wear them either using the behind-the-ear clips, or Jaybird's own 'wing' system, which wedges the buds into your ear canal. The consequence of this is a comfortable, firm and secure fit, which suits the audio response and output - full, thick bass, pleasant and warm mid-range, and a nicely crisp and clear treble. The sound quality is atypical for earphones made for sporting use, whether that be tennis, power walking, rowing or whatever, i.e. the audio response is of a superior quality than one might anticipate. Stonking, sweat-proof sounds, pure and simple.
If you don't need wireless, I can strongly recommend Vibe Brass Balls in-ear 'phones, which were awarded the very rare accolade of a 5 star rating by The Gadget Show. Stylish, comfortable, reliable, with a banging bass response and crystal clear treble. You need to go to the Vibe Audio website to view this product.
If you're thinking about buying a pair of headphones, I can warmly recommend Sennheiser Momentum, which have a superlative quality that belies their modest pricing - Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ear Headphones - Ivory.
Thank you for taking the time to read this review.
on 24 February 2014
I got these for running as no matter how I would put the cord (inside my shirt, outside, pinned down) I would still manage to constantly be pulling them out or having them fall out for runs to the point I had stopped running with music. I got these and have been mightily impressed. I have done quite a few training runs since I got them and then ran a 15K race with them this weekend and they stayed in perfectly. No messing around with headphones or having them fall out. They were comfortable and I couldn't even tell they were in (apart from the music playing) for the whole race. I sweat a decent amount running and so far no problems with this with the headphones either.

I haven't had any issues with dropping the Bluetooth signal, and I wear my phone around my waist on runs. I have even hooked it up to the Bluetooth on my computer for around the house music while I clean or what-not and they still work from a room and a half away, depending on the walls in between.

All in all, VERY pleased with these headphones and I would recommend them for runners.
on 2 September 2014
These started well, but failed within 5 weeks - the failure being they began to power down after 20 minutes of use (despite being fully charged), and they would not power up again until recharged again. However, they had been fine for the first 5 weeks, holding their charge for over 5 hours. So, maybe I was just unlucky (e.g. with a faulty battery). This is the second pair of bluetooth cordless headphones that have failed on me within the first 6 weeks, the previous pair being a pair of Motorola S11 Flex HDs.

I think I'll give the Jaybird's another chance and order a replacement pair (Amazon have kindly offered a full refund on these), as the sound quality of these was excellent. Hopefully 2nd time lucky.
on 12 January 2015
Terrible earphones. I had to return a second pair. The first pair stopped working after two weeks - just went dead. The second pair stopped working after one week - the full battery discharged after listening to just 2 hours (should last 6-8 hours) of music (no phone calls) and then would not charge again or even turn on. It is really surprising just how bad these earphones are as JayBird's past products were top notch in terms of reliability and performance. I hope they sort the problems out. In the meantime, I am moving to either the iMonster or Plantronics Bluetooth sports earphones.
on 28 April 2015
Pros:
accurate audio quality, clear highs, bold mids and deep bass
Actually can use them in the gym even though I use at home as well.
Good connectivity compared to other cheap Bluetooth headphones.

Cons:
Had them for a year, battery life decreased as well as the reliability of the tips staying attached to your ear as well as the headphones themselves.

Had these for some time now.i saw a video from a YouTuber ( MKBHD) who out this as his 2nd favourite pair of headphones to use as they were wireless and didn't fall out and had accurate sound quality coming close to the Audio Technica ATH M50X's. When I first got them took some time to adjust and get perfect fit but once you use them you will find that you begin using them everyday more than during actual sport. The sound quality and seal to the ear is perfect until after a few months where things begin to get loose and earbuds and wing tips get lost as well as the headphones losing 'grip'. To add to this the battery life is not what it used to be and I invested in a pair of beats by dre as I was fed up of the battery decay that meant I had less charge then expected and when out and about I couldn't listen to my music, if you buy these , get some wired headphones as backup as well as some spare replacement tips from Jaybirds site. Battery life and long term durability in general is the only negative here but if you take extremely good care of them they may last and be perfect like when you first open them out of the box.
on 14 January 2015
TL;DR - Get them.

Now for those who like details:

I bought these looking to replace my Sure se215, which I bought to upgrade my sound experience (they did by the way, and if you want great sound on -a bit of a- budget, wired, check them out, I got black ones on amazon for £75). The reason was I had had them for almost two years, and they had got increasingly tangled, the wire was fraying and the headphones were falling out in one ear and the sound was disappearing in one ear. I figured that rather than paying £50 for a replacement cable, just buy some wireless ones!

Firstly, they came packaged beautifully (for those who like that kind of thing) with user-friendly manuals and instructions for how they can be put together. This was the first stumbling block, they are a bit fiddly to put together and work out what you need for your ear, but I cannot take a star off for that because half an hour of fiddling has no bearing on hundreds of hours of effortless music listening!

Before I get into sound I want to clarify that the music I listen to is: Most EDM (ie: Trap, Dub, House), Pop, and Hip Hop...
The sound is crystal clear. Even at a distance from your device, clarity is not lost, although if you are endeavouring to cross the house asking it to pick up the signal through 5 walls and a ceiling, you may be disappointed. Having said that, It has worked for me, it depends how much interference there is (other wireless/bluetooth devices around).

Lets be very clear. The sound is beautiful. At first taste, the bass is 'warm'. I do mean that in a slightly derogatory way after the se215's bass which was really full and punchy, but it was almost immediately overshadowed by the mids which were so clear, I was hearing strings, drums, and voices with edges that I hadn't heard before. This makes a huge difference to the music experience and I would say makes up the difference for 95% of the songs - and this is coming from someone who likes bassy songs. And in fact, in many songs which are naturally bass heavy, the depth of bass does come out in the way you'd hope (for instance 'Black Widow - Iggy Azalea), which I believe shows the headphones tendency towards a more natural or 'truer' sound. The trebles are also very clear, but I must admit with the music I listen to I don't pay a great deal of attention to that, so can't go into it more.

The headphones can also go extremely loud without losing any clarity which is nice, and the on-wire controls are a nice touch too. It adds an extra level of control for when you are either away from the device or needing an extra boost in volume!

We haven't even got to the main reason many of you are probably (I was too) looking at the headphones - the fact they are wireless (aside from the wire connecting the two buds). They work beautifully and there are handy adjusters included so you can tighten/loosen the headphone strap so that it melts away into the back of your head (I wear my headphones over-ear after the se215 and would personally recommend doing so for best security/sound/seal) as if there were no wires at all. The ear fins are new to me, but do hold the headphones well in your ear, I only have a slight problem in one ear (due to a strangely large oval shape ear canal) where it occasionally loses contact and I lose bass, but M.Elmes says in his review: 'However, as a last resort I used a pair of Comply earbuds (T-500) I usually use for my UE Triple Fi 10 (luckily they use the same sized buds) and good grief what a revelation. They're like a different set of headphones. They now fit comfortably, with the memory foam they form a tight seal that sits even when sweating (I use them for running outside) and the sound quality is remarkable, so much better than the rubber plugs.'
So if it causes a problem I will refer back to this.

Of course, one thing worth mentioning is that they are not officially sound isolating. Well, that may be the case, but the seal is good enough that things sound faint and distant even without music playing, and with music playing you can't hear almost any background noise,and they are just as good as my previous se215, which *were* sound isolating! Finally, it is very useful (and also very cool) to have a mildly futuristic sounding woman telling you when your headphones turn on/off and when they connect. Unfortunately however, the volume adjusters beep, interrupting the song slightly.

But any quibbles here are very minor and the review may seem negatively weighted simply because one has to scrounge around to find even the slightest issues, and one can't say much more than 'almost perfect' - which for £100 is more than you are going to get from any wireless headphones as I understand it, or most wired headphones at that price. That's on sound quality alone. The fact they are wireless (and the charge thus far seems more than adequate) means their convenience justifies a price above and beyond £110 (if you're after convenience and quality).

Summary:

PROS:
Good battery
Great range
Comfortable once adjusted
Awesome convenience
Might as well be sound isolating
Incredible clarity of music
Natural sound (good for rock/rock and roll/classic etc)
On-wire controls
Volume range

CONS (in order of personal importance more to less):
Luke'warm' bass (- but not 'cool' enough to remove a star)
Volume beeps when adjusted
Fiddly to put together

As you can see, unless you are an incredibly audiophilic basshead, then there are far far far more reasons to buy these headphones than not - especially when compared with the price/performance of other competing models. Happy listening!