From the Author
This book covers Servlet 2.3, JSP 1.2 and EJB 2.0 and caters to beginners as well as advanced developers. For beginners, this book is really easy reading. You are guaranteed to run your first servlet in 6 easy steps or about 10 minutes after you install Tomcat. For seasoned programmers, you will enjoy even more because the strength of this book is that it offers real solutions to challenges Web developers face every day. You will find techniques and projects such as:
- Sending files to the browser and force the browser to display the "Save As" dialog.
- File upload, including the original code whose modified version is used in IBM's WebSphere J2EE server documentation.
- Document management, providing a Windows Explorer-like navigable object structure.
- XML-Based e-books.- Model 2 Implementation of an E-Commerce Site.
- Accessing databases and run your SQL statements online
- Session management
- Web Security
- Developing session, entity and message-driven EJBs and deploying them in JBoss.
- Client-side input validation
From the Back Cover
In addition to excellent content, this book includes licenses to two Java web components from BrainySoftware.com. You receive a full license of the Programmable File Download component for commercial and non-commercial deployment. You are also granted to a license to deploy the author's popular File Upload bean for non-commercial use, which has been licensed by the Fortune 500 company Commerce One and purchased by major corporations such as Saudi Business Machine, Ltd. and Baxter Healthcare Corporation.