on 8 January 2013
`Jared', by Teresa Gableman, is a paranormal treat. Picking up where book one `Damon' finished, it was impossible not to be swept along with the wonderful fast-paced action of the delectable vampire warriors and the new female protagonist Tessa. This action was almost instant and rarely slowed with the exception of well positioned `calm before the storm' moments and the wonderful hot and tender scenes. And what wonderful, delicious scenes they were!

What I so thoroughly enjoyed about `Jared', was the inclusion of the characters that I felt so connected to from book one, plus the continuation and developing storyline. The plot in particular was challenging enough to keep me absorbed, yet the read itself was effortless to read. Yes, I devoured this in one sitting, just like I did with `Damon'!

Teresa Gabelman has created such a lovely array of characters that are so easy to fall in love with. The range of personalities that she effectively captures is impressive. In "Damon', I had already become fond of the character Jared, his wit and interactions with those around him captured my attention. The self-titled book `Jared', shaped, challenged and developed his story and character so perfectly. This book is everything I hoped it would be.

If you are looking for a passionate paranormal romance with heart-pounding action, entertaining characters and an engaging plot, then be sure to check out Teresa Gabelman's The Protectors Series.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 February 2014
After reading the second book of Teresa Gabelman's 'The Protectors' series, I've fallen completely in love with yet another paranormal romance series.

The only way a vampire can tell their one true mate is if they can't read their minds. But Vampire Warrior, Jared Kincaid, has never set any faith in the whole one mate for one man belief like the others of his kind.

So when Tessa Pride whirls into his life and gets the jump on him with her sassy attitude and cute insults, he doesn't really care if she's his destined mate or not. He wants her and he's going to have her. Even if the only reason he can't read her is because her half-vampire brother, Adam, has her mind blocked to all.

But when Adam releases the block on his sister's mind what happens has all the Vampire Warriors scratching their heads.

I absolutely loved this book, which was a continuation of the story started in The Protector Series #1, Damon. Riveting, tense, nail-biting stuff, with a packed plot involving vampires and half-breeds and the race to protect humanity. The story has just the right amount of spice and has had me thoroughly hooked from start to finish!
on 26 March 2016
This is the second book in the series. We are told the story of Jared and Tessa. I liked the banter between the two of them and I loved her insults ( bat-shit is my favourite). What I love about this series is that the characters from the previous are also in this story. I have gotten over my initial thought about this being a BDB cheap knock-off and getting into the series.

The story was fast -paces with heart-stopping and LOL moments especially the banter between the Warriors.
My only gripe is the this book does not have any page numbers ( I know I am nit-picking)also I would like to have been given more back-ground about the Council and who makes it up and the back story of each member.
I plan to read the whole series.
on 3 February 2016
After reading book one in this awesome series, I couldn't wait to start this next book. Each character is equally loveable, they all have a body to die for, and protect each other with their lives. To be able to read each story about these characters I have become to love is just epic. Each book bringing a new story with all the qualities I found immensely appealing from the very start.

Jared Kincaid is not someone you want to mess with. I thought Damon was bad in a incredibly good way of course but Jared is just as determined to protect what is his. I love how they each have each others backs, not one warrior would walk away from the other. It's a pact that can not now or ever be broken.

When Jared first set eyes on the lovely, feisty Tessa he couldn't believe it. Not only did she manage to get him tied to a chair but she had his complete attention. Trust me that is no easy feat for these warriors but oh when you catch their eye, that's it, you will belong to them, they will hunt you down no matter where you are.

Tessa has a sad story to share and is very protective of her brother, Adam and vice versa, these siblings are very close. Adam needs help and Tessa will do whatever she can to get him that help. She doesn't trust easily but being left with little choice she must accept some help from the warriors.

Even though the book tells you a story of another warrior it also includes all the others who have been previously introduced. I love that each book takes you through everyones lives because honestly I can not pick just one that I love.

Each story is intense but loving and the humour, Oh My God!! The one liners Sid throws out having me laughing out loud. I can't help but love these characters, they are so well developed, giving you the feeling that you really know them.

Jared's book is a must read. I know if you read book one, you will definitely be picking this book up and you won't be disappointed. I know I keep saying all paranormal readers will love this series but even if you love a good romance this book has all the elements to keep you entertained. TRY IT!!
on 8 April 2014
This is the second book in the series and while they could be read out of order or as stand alones you will get the most enjoyment out of them by reading the in order, and enjoy them you will.
I always knew that Jared was going to get payback and he does indeed in this book, from a
human whose "hair was the color of burnished copper in a shaggy cut reaching past her shoulders. ... Her eyes were the color of lake moss and shaped like tear drops, dropping down each side." A feisty redhead called Tessa who will go to any lengths to protect her brother Adam who is one of the new type of vampires that are appearing called half-breeds.
Jared is being bought to his knees by Tessa, not a position he is used to, but with trying to find out if she really is his mate, dealing with an ever growing army of half breeds not to mention Tessa and Adam's Gramps, Jared certainly has his plate full.
Nicole and Damon are back, Pam has returned but lost her one liners and everyone is concerned especially Duncan, can't wait to see how that plays out.
Adam is a newly turned half breed with powers beyond that which they have seen before, he is able to block everyone and place blocks on others also, so is Tessa Jared's mate or does she belong to another.
More adventure, the mystery continues and of course there's romance, once again you are drawn into this stirring tale from the first as Jared is tied up, Chad is kidnaped, and Tessa and Adam get in over their heads. I can't wait to read more in this series and eagerly await the continuation of the Protectors.
I received a free copy for an honest review.
on 26 August 2014
As second book of this amazing series you couldn't help but love the beginning, hijacked and held hostage in his own interrogation room Jared is mesmerised when a fiesty red head and her accomplice kidnap his prisoner looking for their own answer's, chained to a chair with silver is not often someone get's the jump on him. Tessa and her brother are trying to discover what has been done to Adam and what the evil men who kidnapped them wanted to turn Tessa into a breeder, luckily escaping before her treatment is done they search for answers. Jared takes pleasure in hunting down the vixen who has already made his emotions twitch and when they work together to fight the evil human trafficking ring and rogue vampires trying to create a vampire half breed army to defeat the VC Warriors.
As they discover each other and their new erotic romance starts they both battle with strong conflicts which threaten to ruin their new love, together they must overcome their fears and make the choice together to embark on a highly sexual and hot encounter's as they discover their love for each other.
Amazing story to this series, non-stop action packed, full of witty humour and fabulous supporting background characters you are pulled into a world of bad ass sexy vamps who cannot help but bow down to their mate's as they discover life will never be the same and their new worlds of joy and excitement.
on 10 January 2015
Jared's story brings the characters in from book 1 and more new ones, another easy read I'm getting quite hooked on this series if you love the Paranormal World and love a Vampire and Human passionate Romance you will definitely love this book.
Jared is another Hottie and and a string warrior, some of the things he said had me laughing, Tessa the lady of this story, has had a really hard life and deserves Some happiness, the connection between the two if them Is exceptionally Hot, the book has lots of action and a very believable plot and I'm definitely getting the next book In the series.

I know there were a few spelling errors and name errors, but I didn't really care I really enjoyed the book.
on 20 January 2015
After breaking into the VC Warriors Compound, Tessa Pride soon finds herself joining forces with the Warrior Jared Kincaid in the war that is brewing between Warriors and half-breeds in this thrilling paranormal romance. The author spices things up in this very enjoyable and entertaining story with some surprising twist that keeps everyone guessing and I have to say that this series has become a definitely have to have set of books.
“Copyright Night Owl Reviews”©

See my full review at: Night Owl Reviews .com
on 18 April 2014
Not really into writing reviews, however this series needs to be mentioned ! It is incredible. The characters and story-lines are truly fascinating and there are some very funny lines throughout. The author has an incredible talent and a good sense of humour which shows in each character throughout the series. I could not stop reading this book and quickly purchased books 3 & 4 which I have already read - WOW they were amazing. I cannot wait for the next instalment for Adam & Slade's books to be published!!!!
on 15 February 2015
This is a great series full of excitement and action, it's got a well written plot with engaging characters. The main story interweaves through the books and is a compelling read.

Loved those alpha warriors, sooooo....... hot and charismatic.
Jared and Tessa's story is full of passion and intrigue, you'll find it hard to put down. Tessa has had it rough, her life changes forever when she encounters the warriors.

I'm ready for the next book, cannot wait. Don't miss this series.