- Not sure whether this is the right car seat for your little one? Check out our Car Seat Buying Guide.
Jane Montecarlo R1 Group 2/3 Car Seat (Terracotta)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Can be installed with Isofix fittings and using the 3 point seat belt in any car
- 2 position recline when connected by Isofix
- Aluminium structure improves protection by 70%
- Integral adjustment system: height adjustable backrest, width adjustable side wings and headrest wings
- Greater side impact protection due to its larger wrap around headrest and side wings
Baby Wish List
New baby on the way? Let us take the confusion out of what to buy with prepared lists and editor's picks. Click here to find out more.
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Montecarlo R1--The Value of Safety
The First Will Always be the First
Montecarlo R1, has been subjected to the strict Eurotest programme, which tests the safety and resistance of child safety seats. As a result, the Montecarlo R1 seat received one of the best scores in its category, with special mention made of its safety against side crashes and its stability. All these points make the Montecarlo R1 seat from Jané a benchmark in terms of comfort and child safety, as well as being one of the best seats on the market.
The Montecarlo R1 from Jané is specifically designed to adapt to each stage of your child’s growth. Suitable for children between 15 to 36 kg, this Group 2-3 car seat has an integral adjustment system that allows both the seat’s height and width to be altered for a perfect fit. The Isofix system anchors the seat directly to the car therefore eliminating any margin for error when installing the seat, and there's no need to strap the seat in when not in use, as it's always connected by the Isofix. Very convenient when dropping your child off to school or the child minder.
This car seat’s unique aluminium structure improves protection by 70%--when compared to a traditional system. It is also equipped with an Isofix anchoring system for the base of the seat and greater stability is provided when this is combined with 3-point seat belt. Offering greater cushioning, the larger wrap around headrest increases shock absorption that’s caused by an impact. The reclinable backrest and tilting sides provide optimum support for a restful journey and the aeration vents with the internal fabrics are breathable to maximise your child’s comfort.
- Height and the width of the sides of both the headrest and the backrest areas are independently adjustable, effectively protecting your child during all stages of growth
- Great long-term value--This Group 2 / 3 car seat is suitable for children from 15 kg (33 lbs) to 36 kg (79 lbs) or approximately 3 to 12 years
- Maximum protection thanks to the new improved large wrap around headrest and side shock absorption
- Smartphone QR barcode for in-car fitting videos
- Ergonomic design with ventilation system that maximises your child's comfort
Children’s safety is paramount and when researching and developing new products, Jané aims to exceed industry regulations. Jané's design and technology innovations ensure that all products are designed for babies’ health, as well as safety. The company is committed to developing revolutionary products, which are protected by patents to produce superior pram and car seat equipment.
Top Customer Reviews
The thing it falls down on is the 'finger-hurting' awkwardness of attaching the ISO fix points, bit of a juggling act because they keep retracting as you try and fit the seat before you maunally adjust them once the seat is fastened. So you keep having to extend them and trying multiple times - whilst holding a seat that keeps reclining and flopping about. I'm ok with it but I think my partner & mother in law would have a few difficulties. Also, I drive a Volvo V50 and for some reason when the seat is in position and you are ready to fasten the seat belt - the seat is very tight against the seat belt acceptor so the belt buckle needs to be focred a little to 'clunk click' as it were. But general build and look and adjustablitiy of the seat, in my opinion, still has my recommendation to others.