- Hardcover: 122 pages
- Publisher: Chris Boot; New edition edition (4 July 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0954689437
- ISBN-13: 978-0954689438
- Product Dimensions: 22.4 x 17 x 1.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 94,843 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
James & Other Apes Hardcover – 4 Jul 2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is set up so there is a full color photo of an ape on one page the oppisite page is blank except for their name.
There is a short bio on each animal in the back of the book. It's abit frustrating to have to keep flipping the pages back and forth to read the info and find the picture or vice versa. I would have loved to have the bios of each animal on the opposite page for a better user-friendly approach.
This is why I have rated this book 4 stars instead of five.
However it's a lovely book and I higly recommend it.
Others books featuring images of apes are usually those exploiting animals in the entertainment industry - it is refreshing to be able to view a book like this with images of apes who are in re-introduction programmes and santuaries, where they have been saved from such exploitation.
This book is not only beautiful, but educational and inspirational at encouraging those who read it to help save our closest relatives.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just a great book :) great for ape and photography lovers. The photography is first class and the intro is really good.Published on 3 Jan. 2014 by marmitelover
They say a picture tells a story, and a face tells a character..? You can read a million words in each character portrait.Published on 17 May 2013 by Darkhorsephotos
I bought this book as a reference to draw/paint from and it is exactly as I had hoped. It's full of close-up portraits of chimpanzees, gorillas and orangutans. Read morePublished on 27 Aug. 2011 by LT44
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Photo Essays
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Photographers
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Subjects within Art
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Mammals
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature