James Cameron's Avatar: The Game is the official video game based on the highly anticipated film James Cameron's Avatar. The video game will take you deep into the heart of Pandora, an alien planet that is beyond imagination. Gamers will encounter the Na'vi, Pandora's indigenous people and discover other life forms the likes of which have never been seen in the world of video games before. When conflict erupts between the RDA Corporation, a space-faring consortium in search of valuable resources, and the Na'vi, gamers will find themselves thrust into a fight for the heart of a planet and the fate of a civilization.
The most technically advanced motion picture ever made has also inspired a video game that's set to make its own waves, as the world of Pandora becomes interactive. Just like the film you must choose whether to side with the human military or the native Na'vi, as both fight for control of the planet.
The ultimate battle between nature and technology
| Human weapons and vehicles have awesome firepower |
| For every human vehicle there's a monster to match it |
| New vehicles have been designed by the movie makers |
Just like the film the game can be played in stereoscopic 3D, but whether you don the goggles or not the intense third person action stands on its own. The game's huge levels leave plenty of space for the two sides to face off, with the technologically advanced humans surprisingly even matched against the super strong Na'vi.
You need brawn as well as brain to win though, with unlockable abilities that can change the course of battle and a strategic overview map to keep control of. With the whole game closely overseen by James Cameron this is one of the most authentic movie tie-ins ever made. Key Features
About the Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
- Untold story: Explore the world of Pandora in an exclusive prequel story set before the movie, but created with the help of the film creators - including James Cameron.
- Cinematic visuals: Incredible graphics replicate the look and feel of the film, from the deadly wildlife to the giant floating islands.
- Evolve or die: Unlock new skills and abilities by accumulating "effort points", from air strikes and invisibility for the humans to deadly animal mounts as the Na'vi.
- Risky business: Strategic overview map lets you plot the overall course of the war - although the biggest decision is which army you choose to side with.
- The third way: Just like the film you can experience the whole of the Avatar game in full 3D, if you have a console with HDMI output and a 120Hz TV.
Ubisoft's huge development studio in Canada has created many of the French publisher's biggest hits, including the Splinter Cell series, the modern Prince of Persia games, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Assassin's Creed, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, the Far Cry sequels and James Cameron's Avatar.