Format: DVD|Change

on 13 January 2012
I brought this book to help with my City and Guilds Level 3 Advanced Jacket course. I found it invaluable from chose of fabrics and style, fabric preparation through to sewing methods and finishing the jacket. It took me through each stage of the making process with clear photos to back up the text. Although I did not use the suggested methods at all stages (my tutor had her own preferred tried and trusted methods in some cases) it certainly provided me with a few options and ideas and built up my knowledge. The tips provided thoughout the book were extremely useful. The text is written in a friendly easy to follow manner making you want to have a go. It was good to see models and options to suit all different shapes and sizes not just the perfect size 10. Now that the course is finished I look forward trying out a few more of the methods and techniques suggested in the book.
on 7 September 2009
This is an excellent DVD containing lots of tips for making the perfect jacket. All steps can be viewed in any order from the menu and each aspect is explained whilst you watch Marta sew. I have been sewing for years and I still learned a few things. Sadly there is no info or demo's on fitting or toile making which, to me anyway, is an essential part of tailoring. However, this does not detract from the overal quality of the product. If you are a first timer or an old hand like myself it is worth having this one on your sewing shelf.
on 12 August 2015
Having purchased the other 2 books in the series,I now have complete instructions for most aspects of sewing my own clothes. Previousy had to make toiles in order to get the fit right. With tissue (pattern) fitting that's a thing of the past.

The instructions and illustrations are very clear and well written. Recommended for those who have been sewing a long time and those new to the craft. You'll probably never make another toile but still have clothes that fit you.

Mine was a second hand book but arrived as new condition. Looks like it had never been opened.Excellent service will use Wordery again.
on 30 July 2014
good clear instructions however the colours make it look like a poor copy of an original
on 9 September 2014
Brilliant book. Well illustrated with clear, understandable instructions and diagrams.