Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 April 2014
This is another very different "Jack the Ripper" book...As has been pointed out to me, it contains under 10 pages, (of a total of over 260), relating to the canonical five victims...this book is emphatically a study of the "forgotten victims", and not a rehash of all that's gone before.

It is measured, thorough, and both well researched and written...everything you might expect from the writers of CSI Whitechapel...and more besides...

As such, it is a masterpiece of it's kind...it reads easily and freely and yet is thoroughly referenced and well indexed...I hate to say it, (because I'm beginning to use the phrase more than I ought), but it's another "must buy" for the would-be Ripperologist and a serious "should-buy" for the Real Crime follower...I would urge it on any serious student...

So why have I not given it five stars? Well perhaps I ought to have, but for me it's a 4.5 or thereabouts...other books have thrilled me with their accuracy and fresh research...and got a five....other books have shocked me and forced me to rethink things from the beginning...and likewise got a five...some of these latter have perhaps been less factual than this one but have wowed me more...it's a tough decision - as a compromise I give this four, but thoroughly recommend any really serious student buys it and reads it at least twice!
on 11 June 2016
Absolutely superb book. Extremely well researched and written. Gives a terrific amount of information to just how these unfortunate people lived died and in some cases, murdered. Highly recommend this book, I couldn't put it down.
on 15 April 2015
Good reading for those wanting to get a feel for the times.
on 3 June 2015
Reasonable price and speedy delivery. A very good read.
on 14 February 2015
Vey interesting
on 12 January 2015
Brilliant book and a great read also came very quick thank you ******
on 17 June 2014
fast delivery and love this book full of new imformation I hadn't read before a must for a jack the ripper buff
on 5 September 2014
The book is not the problem that's excellent, Paul Begg is an excellent world authority on Jack the Ripper who I can trust. It was the firm who sold me an 'Advance Uncorrected Page Proof' copy - that's clearly stated on the front cover but not in their sales write up! It's really a complete waste of my time and money.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse