on 11 March 2013
Was quite reluctant to sample a honey liquor given that I'm not a big fan of honey. But I tried it, and have since gone through 3 bottles of the stuff over the past few months. My new favourite thing, after music, Playstation and boobies.
11 comment67 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 2 December 2013
In your six year old head this is what whiskey tasted like when you watched dusty cowboys enthusiastically piling into the bar.

Sweet enough to be the liqueur it is, but the whiskey tames the honey and vice versa, with no hint of the medicine cabinet, and definitely grown-up. Perhaps it is superficially sophisticated - and like any liqueur the sweetness will build with repeated glasses - but when the taste and effect is this good who cares?

It's to be savoured slowly over a long afternoon in good company, preferably until you pass-out into dreams of a young Marlene Dietrich.

Ice to my palette is sacrilige, neat is best. Not everyone's the same though, my brother only likes it on the rocks.

Try a glass in the pub first if you're doubtful, odds are you won't regret it.
on 26 November 2012
Serve chilled, with an ice cube. The doors of heaven will open and the light will enrapture your very soul.

In other words it tastes awesome.
11 comment19 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2014
This drink is a very pleasing drink that offers many plus points. Whilst you won't find anything too exciting here It easily makes it into my 'everyday' drink list.A drink for all occasions.

Drinking neat it has your usual fiery warmth accompanied by a sweet honey taste with a hint of alcohol, very quickly though you are left with warmth and a taste of sweet honey as the remaining flavour.
There is a slight danger that this masking of the taste does make it very very easy to drink.

It can also be drunk with lemonade, something my partner finds enjoyable as it is still a little to powerful neat for her. Quite a few girls seem to like it this way.

An added plus point is that your mouth is left tasting of honey which is a pleasant alternative to the usually dry alcohol taste some drinks can leave you with a point my partner appreciates when I get a kiss.

Be aware that It can often be sold for ridiculous prices, you can often pick it up for less than £20 especially near christmas.
Jack daniels is one of the best whiskeys that I have had the pleasure to taste especially the Tennessee honey what I liked about this whisky was the fact it did not blow your head off
When you drink it.
Some whiskeys I have drunk before burn hotter than a red chilli pepper and is there for not a pleasure to drink I did not find this with Jack Daniels at all and I would highly recommend it.
on 28 August 2012
Bought this for my husband for our anniversary. He has tried a range of different Jack Daniels varieties and loves them all, but I think this might be his new favourite!
on 27 December 2012
Bought this for a Christmas present & was delivered in time. The bottle was packed very well, with foam pieces, boxed & labelled 'Fragile'. However since i purchase this item , I have seen this product much cheaper in the super stores (IE Tesco / Sainsbury). Even though I did a web search at time of purchase, I would advise to pop in your local stores prior.
on 27 October 2015
Jack Daniels Whiskey Honey 70 cl Absolutely Delicious Very nice neat with a couple of Ice Cubes, Usually about £25 in shops but whenever i see it reduced I snap it up, I'd say it was better than some Single Malt's it's that good!
on 4 July 2014
Has anyone tried this with ginger beer? It is delicious, refreshing and very moreish. I first tried it at the Hickory Smoke House in Chester and have been drinking it ever since.
on 11 May 2015
I would almost o as far as saying this drink is too nice! it is so drinkable! goes great with coke or lemonade. you hardly know your drinking alcohol.

the taste is just amazing.
if you don't like standard JD, then try this, it is a lot lot sweeter than JD, and has a great honey taste. its not like other alcohol flavours that claim to be something they are not.

tastes great as a mixer or on the rocks

See one answered question