Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:£5.99

on 4 December 2012
i didn't actually buy this on amazon so can't exactly comment on postage and things like that but I have seen the film
The film is funny, pretty much. It's a lot more for younger audiences than I realised so bear that in mind if thinking of buying it.
The humor is pretty basic, but is funny with some laugh out loud moments.
Overall I'd say it's good but not as good as expected. it's just your average comedy really, really I would have expected more from Adam sandler
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 January 2016
Well, I thought he was irritating in "The Waterboy" and frankly unwatchable in "Little Nicky" but this, this.....this is excruciating! I don't know with whom I'm more annoyed; him for producing this, this..........thing, or me for being stupid enough to think that somehow, somehow, against all the odds and my common sense, he would produce a decent film this time, perhaps almost by pure, unintentional, cosmic accident. I should have taken one look at the cover and watched Trading Places again instead (which I ended up doing after enduring about half of this. I say half, it's hard to tell how long I watched. My mind went into a self-protecting semi-comatosed state to prevent permanent damage from exposure to this)

What is wrong with him? Why? This man must be stopped! For God and all that is righteous and holy, this man must be stopped.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 November 2012
As someone who enjoys & rates Adam Sandler's work & ability, i came into this film really wanting to like it, but, it's really quite poor from Adams usual high standards. He makes some really funny & heartfelt movies the majority of the time, like the recent fun Rom Com Just Go With It & Adams acting brilliance in Reign Over Me. And then on the odd occasion between these better movies he can make a mediocre one, which you can certainly chalk Jack & Jill into that category, along with a few of his other films over the years that i didn't have much love for, such as Little Nicky, The Waterboy & You Don't Mess with the Zohan.

Adam Sandler plays the role of Jack & Jill of the title. Jack is a successful advertising executive with a loving family, and every year near thanksgiving, his heart on her sleeve single twin sister Jill comes & stays with him to celebrate the holidays & their birthday, much to the dismay of Jack. But this year it may just be that Christmas has come early for Jack. As his agency is in financial trouble & he needs to get Al Pacino on board with a coffee ad. And wouldn't you know it, Mr Pacino is smitten with Jill, but the feeling isn't mutual. Mayhem & comedy ensue.

Overall the film is nowhere near as good as i'd hoped, which i kinda had an inkling it might be the case with Adam playing in drag & a few trailers on the T.V advert. The story is okay, with the usual drag cliche material, but a lot of the jokes were just not funny at all. Heck, the long winded table conversation near the beginning had me hovering over the eject button with it's boring dialogue & Adams really, really annoying drag voice, but i thought i'd give it a chance & see how the film progresses after it. Now, there were a few funny moments, but too few to mention. And you might be surprised to see Al Pacino in this, but to be honest he isn't phoning in his performance here, he is actually rather quite funny & charming in fact.

Ex Mrs Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes (Dawson's Creek) plays Jacks wife & does okay. The kids in the film are plain & boring, not a patch on the likes of Bailee Madison from Adams previous movie Just Go With It. Alongside Adams film regulars such as Nick Swardson (badly underused here), Allen Covert, David Spade, Gary Valentine & even Adams real life children, you'll see a lot of cameos from other celebs such as Johnny Depp, Dana Carvey, Drew Cary to John Macenroe & a whole host of others. Generally, Adam & Al are the draw, while outside of them it's pretty weak in terms of acting & other parts getting screen time.

In conclusion, Jack & Jill is a bit off that overly likable, good chemistry combination of Adam's films that i really like, and signifies the usual slump of a movie that he has sometimes between his better work. I expect better in future, this is worth a watch just to see Al Pacino not taking himself too seriously (and i'm not sure if his end comment is about the commercial or the film ;-)) Worth a watch.
on 24 November 2012
I will admit that I do like Adam Sandler and I've enjoyed many of his movies - especially 'Happy Gilmore', 'Just Go With It', 'Grown Ups', 'Mr Deeds' etc. My wife just loves the guy and I purchased this mainly for her.
After sitting through half of the film we both actually felt embarrassed watching him dressed in drag as his sister. The whole thing was cringeworthy and irritable to the point of us turning it off. If you can imagine him speaking in a higher voice and just 'screaching' in some bits you might just understand what I mean.
We did eventually get round to watching the remainder of the film (wish we hadn't bothered) - out of curiosity alone - and it got no better!
This is a serious turkey and is one of the worst movies I've ever sat through. What Pacino had in mind when he signed up to play a part in this is totally beyond my comprehension.
I've given this movie one star - for one reason - because Amazon doesn't allow a zero!
Avoid at all costs - this really is terrible.
on 17 January 2016
Was a bit sceptical at first when I saw the trailer, but as I watched it a few times i grew to love it. I don't think it is a film you can love straight away unless you love Adam Sandler. Fairly good storyline, but as ever with the actors involved it would be more focused on the comedy rather than acting side of things, although Sandler plays two good and funny characters who are completely different. A good laugh over all.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 November 2012
Okay, so I'm not Adam Sadler's biggest fan. His films are hit and miss in my opinion, but I'm always willing to give them a go (I did recently enjoy Funny People). However, this is one time when I should have researched a film before I watched it. If you look at the online reviews you'll see what I mean.

The other thing I should point out is that my `review' is only based on the first half an hour. That was all I could stand. I'm sorry. I hope I'm not doing this film a massive disservice by not watching it in its entirety. Perhaps it really picked up and I missed some real comic gold. However, from the opening act, I really don't think so.

Adam Sadler plays two roles - twins Jack and his `identical' sister Jill. Jill comes to stay with his family and `hilarity' results. Unfortunately, Jill is the most annoying character ever to grace cinema screens. I know what you're thinking - you're thinking that you've seen the Phantom Menace and that no one can top Jar Jar Binks. Wrong! Seriously, it's like Jar Jar has had a baby with Ruby Rhod from the Fifth Element and produced Jill. All she does is shriek on and on, in between generally being rude and stupid and insensitive towards anyone who is unlucky enough to get near her.

Now, I have nothing against annoying characters in films. If a character is annoying then that's part of who they are. My problem with Jack and Jill is how other characters deal with them. If we meet someone annoying, we stay well clear. However, in this film everyone extends her too much courtesy to make it believable. Yes, I know she's family, but even so, you wouldn't let her anywhere near you if you know what she's like. Yet, everyone makes massive allowances for her, even berating her long-suffering twin brother Jack (who is pretty unlikeable in himself) for not being nicer to her.

In short, there is not a rating low enough to describe this rubbish. Do not watch it, it's truly that bad. The only thing vaguely interesting about it is how they persuaded Al Pacino to appear in it. Does he really need the money that badly?
on 6 October 2012
I've seen Adam Sandler in films I've enjoyed, but the man has lost the plot if he thought this would do him any good. Did he not read it through before signing or is he really that off the boil that he thought this would work? The plot is childish, Adam Sandler in drag is embarrassing, and the whole thing is irritating to a point that it's just unwatchable. I believe sandler has already won a Razzie or two, and he deserves one for every contribution he made (story, dialogue, acting whatever) to this terrible terrible film. Pixel could have made a better film about two slugs. How does anyone in Hollywood have the nerve to offer this up. Strictly for those whose expectations in a CD don't rise above a semi decent trailer before the film starts.

ps Amazon, any chance of offering raspberries from one to five alongside the stars, as giving this film a star is way too generous.
on 24 June 2016
This film is awful , I saw it in a pre owned shop and couldn't believe the low price ,now I know why. Terrible humour considering I usually like Adam Sandler films but this was just bad.
on 16 May 2016
Adam sandler dressed as a woman - very funny and was also surprised to see some top notch actors making appearances.
The whole family enjoyed
on 5 July 2013
I had high expectations for this film as I am a huge fan of Adam Sandler. I wasn't to be disappointed as this film was hilarious, there was rarely a time where I wasn't laughing and at one stage I was in stitches. I'd definintely recommend this film to anyone looking for a good laugh, so I award this film 4/5 stars!