on 29 October 2014
I love these Headphones. I really do. They sound amazing and they look great. Once you get used to wearing them, they are quite comfortable (but at first it was hard to wear them for stretches longer than a couple of hours). They have a great, well made feel to them. They are awesome. I love them.

I've had my iPod nano for 6 years now. It's very durable. Every time I have a pair of earphones or headphones lose sound in one ear, I try to convince myself that the old relic is finally kicking the bucket - but it never does. No, the iPod always succeeds the headphones. Always (It should be noted that the issues I have with the headphones come from its use with multiple devices, not just the iPod). I had the older model of these headphones, which lasted a good couple of years. I was happy with them. Eventually, one ear died, and it was time to renew. So I got these, and I was happy.

4 months in, and already they've had it. The left ear goes down when the wire by the headphone jack isn't aligned properly. It's depressing. I love these headphones, I really do, but they just do not last very long. And apparently there's some warranty for these things, but how do you expect people to be able to send these back when you use deadly blister packs? I thought, as an advanced community of this earth, we had developed some unspoken legislation to stop using those infernal injury boxes.

Let me be clear: While the headphones work, they are perfect. It has 3 stars because they haven't lasted as long as they ought to have, and 4 months is an awful lifespan. It's a similar story with the JVC XX earphones, which are also not very durable. But I keep coming back to them because they're the best I've used so far! Please JVC, fix the durability of the wire close to the Jack, and stop using blister packs!
on 9 January 2016
im going to reviewing these in comparison to Audiance A2 Premium Over Ear Stereo Headphones in Black & Red (3.5mm Jack)
a product to which i find these jvc's to be inferior to in almost every way.

the audio, regardless of equaliser settings sounds flat and hollow, with noticeable hiss across all across all volumes, and noticeable rain sounding crackle at higher volumes. none of these problems being present in the A2 headset linked.
with the audio quality both being inferior even to in-ear phones in the under 10 range with poor quality output for both high and low frequency, making rock/indie music sound like its being played through a piece of string connecting 2 plastic cups.
further more, the slightest airflow round the ear-cups causes a terrible level of rind noise, exacerbating the already poor sound quality.

even the design of the headband is too focussed on making the product look good in the box, causing it to lose its shape when extended, and causing less comfortable fit on the ear.

had i paid the full £35 price for these, i would be asking for a refund on the basis of their poor performance. as it is, il trade them in to a 2nd hand store

really regret having broken the A2s, and regret paying attention to claims of JVCs having decent quality.

the only reason to get these over the A2s is if your player is not compatible with the 3section phone jacks becoming more common now, and even then, a set of in ear phones would do a better job at the 20 quid price range.
on 2 February 2014
These headphones are very good for their price range and the cable is superb so I don't doubt that they'll last for a long time but the headphones themselves are less rugged and smaller in size than the previous model of these which I also had. Sound quality is great though!
on 17 February 2014
Who needs dre beats? These JVC headphones are awesome! Great sound quality, its loud and has good bass. Durable too.
on 4 January 2015
Bought these for a friend after owning them myself for sometime, he loves them as do I. Great sound quality and very durable mine have been dropped and in light rain yet still going strong, Id recommend them for anyone!
on 9 February 2016
Brilliant.great sound and very light. They are quite big but soon get over the size. The reason for 4/stars is because to get the best out these headphones, you need to fiddle around with the acoustics.

They are not setup straight away for perfect sound. I had to custom my sounds to get it perfect. But once it is, the sound and the powerful bass it incredible.
on 10 January 2016
Christmas present for my daughter who gets through headphones quicker than a hot knife through butter. So far, so good. No complaints from her, and they are still in one piece, which is great news.

These arrived promptly and were very well packaged. I'd definitely re-order from the seller again.
on 10 November 2015
these are great fantastic base great sound very clear
on 4 June 2014
great quality + great price , excellent bass quality , delivered really quickly. Had these for a few weeks now , suppose ill reserve real judgement after a few months but initial impressions are excellent
on 27 February 2014
Good pair of headphones and clear quality with rich bass. For the price I havent found better headphones yet this is the 3rd set I have purchased ;)