The leading author of programming tutorials for beginners introduces you to Visual C++ 2010
Ivor Horton is the preeminent author of introductory programming language tutorials; previous editions of his Beginning Visual C++ have sold nearly 100,000 copies. This book is a comprehensive introduction to both the Standard C++ language and to Visual C++ 2010; no previous programming experience is required.
All aspects of the 2010 release are covered, including changes to the language and the C++ standard..
- Microsoft Visual C++ is one of the most popular C++ development environments and compilers, used by hundreds of thousands of developers
- Ivor Horton's approach to programming tutorials has achieved a huge following; this book gives beginning programmers a comprehensive introduction to both Standard C++ and Visual C++ 2010
- Covers all the language changes in Visual C++ 2010, library additions, new MFC features, changes in the Visual Studio development environment, and more
- Also includes a brief introduction to programming for multicore processors in native C++ and C++/CLR processors
- Nearly 100,000 copies of this book have been sold in previous editions
Beginners seeking a complete education in Visual C++ will find everything they need in Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2010.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
From the Back Cover
Build real–world applications as you dive into C++ development By following author Ivor Horton′s accessible tutorial approach and detailed examples you can quickly become an effective C++ programmer. Thoroughly updated for the 2010 release, this book introduces you to the latest development environment and teaches you how to build real–world applications using Visual C++. With this book by your side, you are well on your way to writing applications in both versions of C++ and becoming a successful C++ programmer. Ivor Horton′s Beginning Visual C++ 2010: Teaches the essentials of C++ programming using both of the C++ language technologies supported by Visual C++ 2010 Shares techniques for finding errors in C++ programs and explains general debugging principles Discusses the structure and essential elements that are present in every Windows application Demonstrates how to develop native Windows applications using the Microsoft Foundation Classes Guides you through designing and creating substantial Windows applications in both C++ and C++/CLI Features numerous working examples and exercises that help build programming skills Programmer Forums Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world. Code Downloads Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use. Read More Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you. Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved. wrox.com