Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Nov 2008 12:05:35 GMT
Anyone else's order saying that now? They must be packing them up early to make sure their all done in time.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 13:33:53 GMT
Yup, and the money has gone out of my account too.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 13:39:22 GMT
R. Manor says:
no. mine still says -
Items not yet dispatched. :(

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 14:27:34 GMT
they'll be doing it in order of when booked
your copy will get done in time

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 15:35:59 GMT
Pottermad! says:
My order is also saying "Item Dispatching Soon". It's made me feel all excited...Ahhhhhh ..ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 15:44:20 GMT
Ah, that's what the money gone from my account was! Mine says dispatching soon too, super excited. :D

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 17:20:59 GMT
Ms. T. Jones says:
Mine says item dispatching soon too. Thought they might sort them out early, so glad i put the money into my account yesterday. :.) very very pleased now

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 17:29:39 GMT
Yes, mine says that dispatching soon, also! I'm mega excited. As it still projects a delivery date of 4th December, I'm surprised the money is taken from our accounts already. I thought that supposed to happen on day or eve of dispatch.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 17:59:00 GMT
They may be doing it early because it stops people cancelling. US site people are feeling a bit miffed (I can see why) over some voting scheme that Amazon US are currently doing and the cheaper price people may pay who have not pre-ordered. I think their $100 price might fall anyway because of the current exchange rate and end up around the $70 mark.

It could have been enough to prompt some people to cancel though.

Mine is getting ready for dispatch and to be honest I am still disappointed that there have been no pictures issued of the actual inner book, I hope it is nice.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 17:59:13 GMT
Cazzle__x says:
Yep, mine does! They haven't taken my money yet though.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 18:24:26 GMT
R. Manor says:
Should I be worried over the staus not changing?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 19:50:06 GMT
Chode says:
Mine does as well. Four months ago I placed the order, where's the time gone!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 19:52:23 GMT
M. Young says:
I think they are just doing it this early for logistical reasons related to the guaranteed delivery date; Deathly Hallows must have been on about the same schedule because I got the dispatch notification email 6 days before it arrived.
I doubt the price of the US Beedle will change as I imagine the prices were agreed with CHLG beforehand, and subsequent currency changes just mean more money (or less) goes to the charity. And if prices do change, it might be the UK one that goes up!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 21:53:18 GMT
Another thought: Could Amazon be taking our money early so that transaction is complete before the VAT drops to 15%?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 22:13:40 GMT
M. Young says:
Books are zero-rated for VAT, so that won't be a factor.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2008 08:11:44 GMT
floyd_dylan says:
Mine says soon to be dispatched!!!! I cannot wait now :) :) :)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2008 10:28:28 GMT
G says:
Well, given that the release date is just a few days away, why are people surprised that orders are getting processed now? Standard practice.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2008 10:47:26 GMT
R. Manor says:
Mine isn't dispatched soon, should I worry?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2008 15:28:32 GMT
R MANOR, what delivery type did you go for? I think most of us may have selected Supersaver free delivery which means, they will despatch it a bit earlier to ensure we have it on 4th December. Whereas if you selected next day delivery, your status wont change until 2/3 dec. Its a bit silly really because it means no one needed to select anything else other than supersaver delivery because Amazon wants to commit to everyone receiving the book on the 4th regardless. Thats what I think.

But regardless of wether you have selected Supersaver free delivery, I would send an email to them telling them of your concern, just to make sure all is fine with your order. They will reply back. They always replied back to me.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2008 15:39:49 GMT
M. Young says:
I don't think delivery type matters, as I ordered the standard edition by standard delivery and the collectors edition by supersaver and they both went to dispatching soon on the same day. They were however both ordered the same day which might be relevant.

Note my information about "dispatching soon" comes from logging on and checking the order status, I have had no emails about them being prepared for dispatch, though I did get an email yesterday saying I had been entered into the prize draw.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2008 17:36:40 GMT
Oooh I haven't had an e-mail about the draw yet.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  27 Nov 2008
Latest post:  29 Nov 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions