Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 August 2004
I had the 1997 edition of this book, and this one is even better! Great, useful information on the major shopping centres of Italy, what to look for and what to buy. All categories of shopping from outlet stores to designer boutiques and everything in between. A must for anyone coming to Italy who wants to go home with Italian style and fashion. I live in Italy and found it invaluable.
on 5 October 2008
I bought this book before a trip to Milan as I have her New York shopping guide which is fantastic and assumed this would be as good. I was really disappointed with it. The maps are awful and in a lot of cases completely wrong! She also spends pretty much all her time concentrating on ridiculously expensive shops and barely mentions any shops that the average person could actually afford! Which is very different to the New York edition. I felt that this guide nearly hindered rather than helped my shopping experience and I would only recommend it to millionaires :)
on 3 January 2013
I'll recommend this. i am very pleased with my purchase. i found it extremely useful on my trip. I love it !!!
on 1 August 2003
This is a truly awful book with very little useful information provided. I expect it would be useful if you were extremely rich and wanted to shop in designer shops, but for the great majority of us, our shopping needs are dismissed with a brief 'shops for real people in Rome can be found on the Via del Corso'. For those who think I am exaggerating, a brief look at this book will prove my point. The designer streets of the major cities are amply covered, though there is no information in this book you couldn't find in a more general Italy guide. The author does not attempt to make this interesting and useful for anyone other than her and her friends (who are namechecked several times!).