on 18 July 1998
After the disappointment I felt with Ms. Wright's first book, Blush, I thought the second book would surely be an improvement. Sad to say, the same mistakes made in the first were made in the second. Rehashed dialogue and repeats of same scenes were in this too. It is as if it wasn't properly edited. Hearing Jenna, the lead characted moan and cry throughout the whole book about how she wasn't good enough got real old. Again, a missed opportunity to tell what could have been a great story about the hustle and bustle of the black elite of Washington, DC. I think this author should give up writing romantic fiction or take a few more writing classes.
on 28 October 1998
I would like to applaud Courtni Wright on a book well written. I only enjoy books, I find hard to put down, "It Had To Be You" certainly fit that category.
The characters, the plot and the romance was breath taking. I was captivated, almost, as if I was Jenna. I am about to share the book with my supervisor, who is ill. I am sure it will be a delight for her as well.
Keep writing, and I look forward to more of your publishings.
Best wishes, on a successful career.
on 4 August 1998
I have to agree with the other reviewer. The book didn't flow together and some scenes were repeated. I didn't understand Jeanna's reason for staying away from Mike. I kept hoping she would finally get some sense, but it took her the whole book! I would not recommend this book.