Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Apr 2011 10:51:30 BDT
R. Crump says:
There was a leather Amazon Kindle cover that caused problems with the Kindle - discharging, shorting, something like that.

Is this a re-designed, problem free product? It looks pretty similar to my inexpert eye, and I'd hate to buy one then find out it had the same issues as the previous incarnation.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2011 17:33:58 BDT
Don't know the answer would be very interested to find out as I had one of these covers that caused my Kindle to lock up and reboot. Got a full refund from Amazon as it seemed a common problem. Pity because apart from that they are a very well designed classy looking cover.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2011 19:21:56 BDT
* Ellie * says:
I would imagine it is.... have you asked Amazon? I notice it dosn't say on the product info....

Posted on 4 May 2011 09:16:44 BDT
nannynut says:
I've only had my leather cover for a week and the little metal fixing is already broken just by closing the cover. An expensive waste!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2011 07:37:54 BDT
R. Crump says:
I did ask Amazon, and was told "We are aware that some customers experienced issues in the past but there is no known issue with the current batch of covers. Should you decide to purchase the item and experience any problem, you can contact us immediately for a replacement."

I decided against buying it and opted for one of those simple neoprene sleeves instead.

Posted on 9 May 2011 19:09:21 BDT
R. Dean says:
I had a problme with the Kindle jumping forward by some 10%, then unable to turn it on and unable to re-boot it. I contacted Sean at Amazon who took me through the reboot, then suggested I remove the Kindle from its cover and leave it off for a few days. He phoned me back after three days, I told him I had no further problems. He then suggested I get the updated cover and throw away the original one. My account was then credited with the cost of the new cover and is now hopefully on way.
Yet another reason to continue using Amazon. First class customer service.

Posted on 20 Jun 2011 09:42:50 BDT
A. waudby says:
Just bought the case for my kindle, looks good so far,bit fiddly fitting it though.

Posted on 18 Aug 2011 12:15:56 BDT
ItsMeSaz says:
I had my first (lighted) case about 9 months from release. I had the broken case issue, returned the case for a replacement last month only to have the same issue a few days ago. I was worried about trying a third replacement so asked for a full refund. I have now ordered an alternate cover ftrom Amazon Eco-nique Natural Hemp Pistachio Green Case Cover for Amazon Kindle 3 (Latest Generation) - Book Style The light wasn't worth any more attempts. Customer services are fabulous though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  6 Apr 2011
Latest post:  18 Aug 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Black  [will only fit Kindle Keyboard (3rd Generation)]
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Black [will only fit Kindle Keyboard (3rd Generation)] by Amazon
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,106)